Bank now closed

Reaction score
I think I've reached the point where I'm happy.

UAV setup -

DJI Phantom 2 Vision with Monster stickers :)
9450 props
RotorPixel gimbal
DJI filter kit with an ND filter
Flytrex Core 2
Control side - 2x Gold 5.8GHz SP antennas (Horizon)
FPV side - 2x Gold 2.4GHz SP antennas (Horizon)
4x 5200mah batts
2x 6000mah batts
Mini GPS Tracker RF-V16 (on order)

Total weight is 1520g (inc 5200mah batt)

Controller setup -

Control side - Gold BH 2.4GHz LHCP 12dB antenna (Horizon)
FPV side - Gold BH 5.8GHz LHCP 12dB + 1x Gold 2.4GHz SP antennas (Horizon)
RE700
7th channel wheel on left hand side
Freelander PX2 MTK8389 7" tablet

Total weight is 1380g Lighter than the Phantom :)

No more spending for me I think. If the wife found out then I'll be saying good bye to my, well you know what I mean :)

Andy

dirkclod said:
Very Nice !! Now if ya just had one of those nice cases to put it all in so the wife wouldn't see all that ! ;)

Forgot about that. I have one :)

dirkclod said:
Lew40 said:
dirkclod said:
Very Nice !! Now if ya just had one of those nice cases to put it all in so the wife wouldn't see all that ! ;)

Forgot about that. I have one :)
Well.. looks like ya have it covered !! Me just need the RPG and hopefully then I can be as you . ;)

What distances are you getting with the Stage 3 FPVLR Antenna's and RE700?

The best I've had so far is 10824' but didn't have FPV after around 900'. Upgraded the FPV on UAV side and my control distance has gone down to 7544' with full FPV. The 2.4 shouldn't disturb the 5.8 should it.

Just put 2 new antennas on UAV today, a little windy so wait till tomorrow to test them.

On the 10824' journey I hadn't added any antennas on the UAV for FPV. Tried it with the quality down as low as I can get it and then to the highest, not much difference at all to be honest.

Sounds like you have a nice setup, hope it flies well. I have just received my Vision within the past couple of days, you know the lens mounting kit you have.... Well could you recommend any "starter" lenses and maybe provide a link to ones that will fit? Where did you buy your ND filter lens?

freefall101 said:
Sounds like you have a nice setup, hope it flies well. I have just received my Vision within the past couple of days, you know the lens mounting kit you have.... Well could you recommend any "starter" lenses and maybe provide a link to ones that will fit? Where did you buy your ND filter lens?

It's a bracket type thing to hold different filters on.

Link to ND filter
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271574649719?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Other filters I have
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201174421573?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and to bracket is the DJI Phantom Vision Lens Filter Mounting Kit DJI-1041

Lew40 said:
freefall101 said:

It's a bracket type thing to hold different filters on.

Link to ND filter
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271574649719?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Other filters I have
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201174421573?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and to bracket is the DJI Phantom Vision Lens Filter Mounting Kit DJI-1041
Thanks Lew, I've read both of your replies (other thread also), I appreciate the advice. So I have just ordered the lens kit from heliguy.com as it seemed to be the cheapest online store I (bar say ordering from China which I can't really be doing with waiting around for just to save a few quid).... OK so I think maybe the Polaroid kit seems like a good place to start, as I don't know too much about lens filters but all I know is that Polaroid have decent track record and have been going for a long time so I am sure that kit would be more than adequate for my Phantom Vision. Do you use a lens cap in between flights just to protect against any damage/scuffs/scratches/etc to the lens filter? If not, would you know what lens cap would fit over to protect them? I would prefer to keep them in good condition.

I don't have a lens cap no but would be a good idea. Their a 46mm fitting I think, so just possibly search for a 46mm lens cap

I'm almost there.

Got the Vision with 9450 props, RE700 extender, RP Gimbal and the new transmitter. Just got to find extended landing legs now. I've ordered 2 but keep getting the wide ones, and they look nasty.

A bit of calibrating on tx and gimbal and I should be happy.

Cyclone said:
I'm almost there.

Got the Vision with 9450 props, RE700 extender, RP Gimbal and the new transmitter. Just got to find extended landing legs now. I've ordered 2 but keep getting the wide ones, and they look nasty.

A bit of calibrating on tx and gimbal and I should be happy.

There's a nice set of snap-on landing gear extenders out there... I'll see if I can find the link...

EDIT:

Got it right here...
https://www.shapeways.com/product/45SWF ... sions-30mm?

-slinger

Thanks for the link.

They look nice but the price puts me off, 43 euro's :eek:

Cyclone said:
Thanks for the link.

They look nice but the price puts me off, 43 euro's :eek:

Yeah... That's crazy. I also have the .STL file for them and you could probably get them made a lot cheaper by someone with a 3D printer... I wonder how much ShapeWays would charge? Would you like a copy of the .STL?

-slinger

Thanks gunslinger, but Ill say no thanks.

They look ok but I'd still like an all in one solution. I'll have to use the wide legs if I cant find tall, slim ones.

Thanks a lot though ;) :)

Just to let you all know that I lost my Vision last night so the bank has now been re opened.

What should I get? Pantom 2, Vision or the Vision Plus?

dirkclod said:
I think the set up ya had was great so why just not that one !

Had thought about it.
The one issue I had was the weight, 1520g in total. If I was to go Vision Plus their only just over 1200g and that's including gimbal and camera.
All I would need to spend then is £60 ish on the Phantom side antennas.

dirkclod said:
Lew40 said:
dirkclod said:
I think the set up ya had was great so why just not that one !

Had thought about it.
The one issue I had was the weight, 1520g in total. If I was to go Vision Plus their only just over 1200g and that's including gimbal and camera.
All I would need to spend then is £60 ish on the Phantom side antennas.
Good luck to ya and do hate ya lost your baby ! Been there done that and it stays with ya :(

I have actually been looking at the Typhoon Q500 :)
Probably wont though. Stick to DJI I think

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1