Banggood and warranty

I know Banggood is not an authorized dealer, or at least they uses to not be.
Anyway, has anyone bought anything DJI from banggood and successfully had a warranty coverage?
The reason I ask is they have the Mavic pro fly More combo for a little over $1000.00
1502491080023.png

Regardless, DJI could always attempt to deny the warranty at any time. So they may honor it one day and not the next. DJI was being pushed by their dealers as the dealers are not allowed to discount DJI products. Non-autho dealers were getting their hands on DJI products and discounting them. So authorized dealers were getting screwed. DJI needs to support their dealers so DJI stated that they would not honoe warranties if bought from non-authorized dealers. Again, someone might be able to get DJI to honor the warranty but that could change at any time.

I will also say that a prior review of DJI's wattanty does not exclude coverage is the product was bought from a non-authorized dealer... DJI was just saying this. So I don't know that they could legally deny service. I'm sure they could/would claim this if they felt like it though.

Edit: Also, you are asking about a Mavic and that has it's own forum.

IMHO it's not worth saving a few dollars when the odds of a warranty claim being denied are VERY high.

True. But it's tempting. It's not just a few dollars. It's almost $300. Free shipping from US warehouse.
But B&H has it for $150.00 off.
I chatted with Banggood, they are claiming that they are NOW an authorized dealer. DJIs website doesn't show this though. But they don't show a lot of authorized dealers.
I know the risk of being denied a warranty claim. I was curious if anyone has had one recently.
Honestly, I don't see how legally they can deny a claim if it's new and their product.
Interesting.

It's your money but when something seems Too Good To Be True it usually IS!!

They CAN deny because they placed stipulations on the purchase and if you violate those you are on your own.

Caveat Emptor ! ! !

It's your money but when something seems Too Good To Be True it usually IS!!

They CAN deny because they placed stipulations on the purchase and if you violate those you are on your own.

Caveat Emptor ! ! !
True. But yo he honest, there is nothing anywhere that says DJI will not cover a warranty claim from non authorized dealers. The only reason I know about it is because I read about it in some forum. But if I was just Joe no name looking to buy a Mavic and saw this price, how would I know the warranty situation or DJIs new "rule".
But oh well.
I have bought hundreds of dollars of items from Banggood, I have never been disappointed in the transaction or customer service. But it is kind of risky at this price.
I will probably order it anyway. [emoji57] [emoji2]

So because someone didn't go and do their research DJI shouldn't have to stand behind their statement? That's almost like saying, " I didn't see the speed limit sign so I drove at the speed that made me feel comfortable and LE shouldn't be able to ticket you"... Yes I'm being silly and sarcastic but DJI isn't the only company with this policy.

It's merely a policy to help protect and enhance their "Dealer Network" and something we'll see more and more with more International business models being incorporated into US businesses. One company I was a dealer for was a LOT more restrictive with their products than DJI is... thus far anyway.

Here's the actual text from DJI about (from 1 year ago this month)

Dear DJI Creators,

To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect today. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer where you can make your purchase.

When applying for a warranty service, the sales invoice of the product requiring warranty repair must be provided.

North America aftersales services contact email: [email protected]

Best regards, DJI (originally posted on 8/1/2016)

So because someone didn't go and do their research DJI shouldn't have to stand behind their statement? That's almost like saying, " I didn't see the speed limit sign so I drove at the speed that made me feel comfortable and LE shouldn't be able to ticket you"... Yes I'm being silly and sarcastic but DJI isn't the only company with this policy.

It's merely a policy to help protect and enhance their "Dealer Network" and something we'll see more and more with more International business models being incorporated into US businesses. One company I was a dealer for was a LOT more restrictive with their products than DJI is... thus far anyway.

Here's the actual text from DJI about (from 1 year ago this month)

Dear DJI Creators,

To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect today. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer where you can make your purchase.

When applying for a warranty service, the sales invoice of the product requiring warranty repair must be provided.

North America aftersales services contact email: [email protected]

Best regards, DJI (originally posted on 8/1/2016)
Yes, I know what the statement from DJI says. I already stated that I saw it. That wasn't what I was asking.
To your point though. Not everyone understands that of a retailer sells an item they don't have to be an authorized dealer, and to compound that, they definitely would not know that if they bought the item from said dealer that the warranty would be void.
It's naturally accepted that an item, especially at this cost, would be covered by the manufacturers warranty.
If a new DJI customer went to the DJI website to check what the warranty on a new Mavic us. It says one year. No where does it say unless it's bought from an unauthorized dealer. Who is to know that a remote control aircraft has authorized dealers. You are not force other hobby or toys from authorized dealers. Xbox, iPhones, etc.
After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

If a new DJI customer went to the DJI website to check what the warranty on a new Mavic us. It says one year. No where does it say unless it's bought from an unauthorized dealer.
They mention the following at the very bottom of the "Part III – Types of After-sales Service" section in their After-Sales Service Policies:

"For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealers."

I have a 4pro purchased in California new. Now in the UK DJI say they will not cover it with a warranty as it is now in a other country. So if you are buying from Bangood, is the aircraft in your country or is it being posted from China or elsewhere?
In the end the suggested DJI Care Refresh.
Nowadays warranties are not what they were. So many get out clauses they are often not worth the paper they are written on, but then again I am a cynical old so and so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20