Let me know what you think.

https://vimeo.com/80243547

-DJI Phantom with 8" carbon fiber blades in GPS mode
-GoPro Black 1080/60 Wide
-Tarot T-2D Gimbal
-Fatshark Dominators with 5.8GHz 600mW Tx and SpiroNET Omni Antenna
-Futaba T8J Receiver
-Final Cut Express with no stabilization

Very nicely done....I like that you really focused on your subject matter and avoided the temptation to "show off" the maneuvers of the Phantom...no 'swoops', wild swings, etc...just some great photos of a unique place. The net effect was that you made me want to go there....and that is what good video is all about. I liked that you included some cars, people, etc. (the swimmers at the falls was especially nifty!)...those all helped to give the shots a sense of scale. And, I thought the way you used some of the low-flying abilities of the Phantom, around that tree...were very well done, as was the 'trip' down that bamboo lined road...

The couple of things that I might suggest...one would be to underexpose by about 1/3 stop, I think this would give the colors more saturation and depth. I don't know if you are using a photo editor that would let you do this, but I think it's always a lot easier to do that art the time of filming. Secondly...some titling would be good, to give your viewers a bit more information about the location, time of year, etc.

I hope to see more from you...or send me a ticket to Hawaii, so can see...and film....some of the beauty myself..!!

Thanks Topeeka. I really appreciate the feedback. I have a lot more footage in Maui that I am going to make more videos with. Just need the time.

Thanks for the input justsomeguy. I have only been doing quads for 3 months and I still have a lot to learn. I will definitely be checking out how to use Protune for my future videos.

'Scuse me for not knowing the abilities of the GoPro....!! And...this will NOT be the last 'nonsensical' suggestion I make...!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj