Balmorhea State Park

I dig the lightning in the background!

It had been lightning in that area for a couple of minutes, I let the Phantom just hang there recording and got the shot. Later on, after landing, wife and I got our lawn chairs out and watched the lightning show in the distance for about an hour.

Nice video. I've been there several times, and I love the place. What can be better than a huge swimming pool with pure spring water with no chemicals? I've never flown there, but I've flown not too far away there at the Prude Ranch near Fort Davis. Great place to fly.

Nice video. I've been there several times, and I love the place. What can be better than a huge swimming pool with pure spring water with no chemicals? I've never flown there, but I've flown not too far away there at the Prude Ranch near Fort Davis. Great place to fly.
The park manager there is non-negotiable about drones in her park. I knew that before our trip. I've flown the San Jacinto Monument and Battleship Texas after corresponding with that park manager who gave me a 4 month window to fly. The Texas Parks & Wildlife Department leaves it up to individual park managers to decide whether to allow drones/quads to fly.

Took a little trip out to west Texas this past week. Stayed at this state park that was built in the 30's by the CCC. Pool is fed by natural spring and is constantly a temperature of 72 through 76 degrees year round.

Any chance you could let us see the video, other than facebook, I do not do facebook.

When I lived in El Paso, we would go there and give certifications in various scuba courses. Great park in the middle of nowhere!

edspilot

The park manager there is non-negotiable about drones in her park. I knew that before our trip. I've flown the San Jacinto Monument and Battleship Texas after corresponding with that park manager who gave me a 4 month window to fly. The Texas Parks & Wildlife Department leaves it up to individual park managers to decide whether to allow drones/quads to fly.
They make you take the video down or what?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj