Bald Eagles

Reaction score
The wife and I went out for lunch today in St. Louis. On the way home, as we crossed the Mississippi River, we noticed many Bald Eagles in the tree tops close to the river. I think we counted 30+ of them.

My question is this. Has anyone done any flying close to any and what are anyone's thoughts regarding trying to get some decent aerial videos or pics up close?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Although it would be cool and tempting, I would probably not risk it. If you happen to injure one you are in some legal ****. I don't think you would get much mercy from the law if you hurt or killed an Eagle. Plus if they are nesting, I wouldn't doubt that they wouldn't attack the drone to protect the nest.

Although it would be cool and tempting, I would probably not risk it. If you happen to injure one you are in some legal ****. I don't think you would get much mercy from the law if you hurt or killed an Eagle. Plus if they are nesting, I wouldn't doubt that they wouldn't attack the drone to protect the nest.

I just want to be clear. I'm not wanting to fly up to one at close range. They're big enough to see from a small distance. None were nesting, they were all roosting on tree branches. I'm also worried about a large bird like that attacking the Drone and getting injured in the process, not to mention damage to the Drone. So I'll probably pass and just go out with the still camera and try to get some good shots. I love the wildlife we have and support protecting this awesome bird. Thanks for the feedback folks. Much appreciated.

There are now trained falcons that attack and bring down drones...its a thing, google it.

I just want to be clear. I'm not wanting to fly up to one at close range. They're big enough to see from a small distance. None were nesting, they were all roosting on tree branches. I'm also worried about a large bird like that attacking the Drone and getting injured in the process, not to mention damage to the Drone. So I'll probably pass and just go out with the still camera and try to get some good shots. I love the wildlife we have and support protecting this awesome bird. Thanks for the feedback folks. Much appreciated.

We are seeing more and more Eagles up here in the Springfield, IL area these past few years. Pretty cool and hope to see more migrate here. I know Quincy, IL has several that is seen by the river.

Eagles?? Ya I have one on film!!!! Yes it's a bald eagle too. This guy flew up underneath me and scared me a bit. Then I froze:). Anyhoo...... shows up around sec. 40.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj