balancing with coins?

Reaction score
hero 4 black with a polar pro nd filter on my h3-3d.

i had to put 2 quarters and a penny on the side motor to balance and 2 quarters and a nickel on the back to balance from the filter. with the coins on and the power off i can tilt the gimbal side to side and it stays. same with tilting front to back with the big filter on. without that amount of coins the gimbals goes back the other way when i let go.

does this seem like an excessive amount of coins to anyone? i feel like i watched a vid where someone just put a penny on the side and maybe a quarter on the back. cant seem to find it again.

not even sure if im doing it right to be honest. any tutorials on just understanding the balancing part of the gimbal that anyone knows of? TIA

and to add to my questions....how loud should the gimbal be? its got a very audible screeching from the motors.

I thought about getting a neutral density filter but these gimbals really aren't designed for it. If you wanted to go with a bigger option, I'm sure you can get that kind of performance but for what it's worth, shooting in the right conditions, the GoPro 4k is the balls. Will be getting a spare Phantom 2 with 2nd goPro setup just as soon as I pay off the FPV system.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20