Balanced Propellors

• Thread starter Deleted member 18643
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18643

Looking to purchase Balanced Carbon Fiber Props for Phantom 2.Have seen a lot of options but preffer experienced input.Has anyone had success with this upgrade and if so wich company is the best to purchase.Thanx Guys.

IMHO That is not a upgrade do some searching here and make your own conclusion . I had them on my P1 when the weather gets colder they will ice up and the bird falls (been their) they are very stiff they snap easy and can tear up skin more so than stock . I use both 9443 & 9450's .
Their are some that run CF props and stand behind them this is just my 2 cent .
GL!

I've run several different carbon fiber props. None of them have been balanced, and they are significantly heavier so flight times will suffer. Always balance props for smoother videos, and less wear on motors and airframe.

:D Have you tried the 9450 props?

I'll throw down my $.02 here also... no point going to CF props on a Phantom 2, only negatives. just get the nice new plastic ones

I threw away the packaging, but don't the 9450 propellers come with the latest Phantom 2's?

PhantomFanatic said:
I threw away the packaging, but don't the 9450 propellers come with the latest Phantom 2's?

That is a VERY important question. I loved my 9450 props on my P2, old version. The P2 latest version (P2 V2) says it has new props (so I've heard here). Are they different than the 9450s? Better? Worse?

DattaGroover said:
PhantomFanatic said:

That is a VERY important question. I loved my 9450 props on my P2, old version. The P2 latest version (P2 V2) says it has new props (so I've heard here). Are they different than the 9450s? Better? Worse?

I am confused :eek:

The P2 V2 ships with 9450s

Hughie said:
DattaGroover said:
PhantomFanatic said:

I am confused :eek:

The P2 V2 ships with 9450s

Good to know, thanks.

I've broken so therefore bought new about half a dozen props total so far. All the new (official, DJI) props I've bought have either been perfectly balanced or nearly perfectly balanced right out of the bag (I have a prop balancer)... so imo in general people don't have to really worry as long as they're buying official props. It's also easy to get cheap knockoff props if you aren't careful, many Amazon stores advertise official props and send knock-offs, so be careful!

I suppose you might also want to balance a prop if you happen to damage one due to a tipover, hitting a branch, or whatever... although imo if there's anything more than a minor scuff on a prop I say replace it with a new prop... ESPECIALLY if there's any kind of chip or actual pieces missing... like, what would you rather replace: a $10 prop or $1500 of Phantom, FPV and camera equipment if your damaged/broken prop decides to completely come apart during flight?

DattaGroover: a prop balancer like the one in that link works as thus: obviously you have to have the base of the balancer on a perfectly level surface... then you screw a rod into a propeller as shown in the pictures, and place the prop/rod onto the balancer horizontally, again as shown in the picture.
If the prop is perfectly balanced, it will basically stay horizontal. If one side of the prop is heavier, that side will "drop" and the prop on the rod will roll. You can either then shave weight off the heavy side OR (better option imo) add tiny bits of weight (I use tiny strips of electrical tape) to the light side until the prop is balanced so that when it's placed horizontal on the balancer, it stays horizontal.

QYV said:
I've broken so therefore bought new about half a dozen props total so far. All the new (official, DJI) props I've bought have either been perfectly balanced or nearly perfectly balanced right out of the bag (I have a prop balancer)... so imo in general people don't have to really worry as long as they're buying official props. It's also easy to get cheap knockoff props if you aren't careful, many Amazon stores advertise official props and send knock-offs, so be careful!

I suppose you might also want to balance a prop if you happen to damage one due to a tipover, hitting a branch, or whatever... although imo if there's anything more than a minor scuff on a prop I say replace it with a new prop... ESPECIALLY if there's any kind of chip or actual pieces missing... like, what would you rather replace: a $10 prop or $1500 of Phantom, FPV and camera equipment if your damaged/broken prop decides to completely come apart during flight?

DattaGroover: a prop balancer like the one in that link works as thus: obviously you have to have the base of the balancer on a perfectly level surface... then you screw a rod into a propeller as shown in the pictures, and place the prop/rod onto the balancer horizontally, again as shown in the picture.
If the prop is perfectly balanced, it will basically stay horizontal. If one side of the prop is heavier, that side will "drop" and the prop on the rod will roll. You can either then shave weight off the heavy side OR (better option imo) add tiny bits of weight (I use tiny strips of electrical tape) to the light side until the prop is balanced so that when it's placed horizontal on the balancer, it stays horizontal.
Thanks for that, and I agree, I would rather replace a damaged prop than risk my P2

DattaGroover, you can either sand the heavy side of the prop with a light grit sandpaper OR add some scotch tape to the light side of the prop. I added tape to balance mine out.

msinger said:
DattaGroover, you can either sand the heavy side of the prop with a light grit sandpaper OR add some scotch tape to the light side of the prop. I added tape to balance mine out.
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20