Balance self-tightening props?

Reaction score
How are you guys doing this?

I've found:

http://youtu.be/eVdVa0jWowI and that's about it...which appears to work and I will give it a try, but I wanted to ask the community....

I emailed DJI and got a somewhat evasive response that repeated my question: "....they come pre-balanced from the factory." Yeah. I know that...How does one re-balance them?

Thoughts?

TIA..

I just simply did something, it worked and fixed the vibration(jello). Just get a flat peace of rigifoam and plant a needle or pin on it vertically. Then place the propeller on the head of needle. keep the center of the propeller on the head of the needle. And balance it according to your eye, use peace of sellotape to low weight side and the check the balance again. Like this I balanced all the propellers. It fixed the jello completely (and also the waves on the video).

I am using a dubro with a very small magnet copressing against the nose of the prop with one of the cones behind it on the end of the needle- I saw a post here but forgot where the thread is and who wrote it.

I have 4 sets of the new props, and last night pulled them all out and began to balance them only to find they are pretty much spot on. I cannot find a single prop in any of mine.

I checked the props that came with my Phantom (original which require a nut to hold them on) and they are all off- not balanced.

Gotta find that thread somewhere... the pics tell the whole story on balancing these things... and it does work.

Hiway said:
I am using a dubro with a very small magnet copressing against the nose of the prop with one of the cones behind it on the end of the needle- I saw a post here but forgot where the thread is and who wrote it.

I have 4 sets of the new props, and last night pulled them all out and began to balance them only to find they are pretty much spot on. I cannot find a single prop in any of mine.

Funny you said that...I found the same thing with my stock self tightening props.I didn't need to change a thing.

Topeeka said:
I think the post you might be referring to, is this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4425&p=31244&hilit=balancing+props+magnet#p31244

And...hiway....good to read of your results. I have a P2V and it seems to fly fine with very little vibration, but I've always wondered about what balancing might do for it...thanks..!

THAT's IT!

Much obliged Topeeka! That was what had me running to the keyboard and hammering out an order for the dubro- maybe Mr. Pitman should be getting a kickback from them?

Ahh! Great idea(s)!

Thanks all!

On the Vision props the fuel tubing soloution is too small. I used a wheel collar drilled out to fit the dubro shaft put a small screw through the collar used a drill against sandpaper to cut it down to the right diameter worked like a champ.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik