Balance charger

Reaction score
Been a while since I have flown am charging battery on balance charger switch should be on LiPo and 2A correct? If that is correct settings what are the 1A and 3A settings for? Thanks

charging with more (3A) and less (1a) power...
I think slow charging is best for your battery.. To fast charging your battery will shorten its life..

I am charging battery that came with my Phantom, what else would I be charging?

Monte55 said:
What are you charging? we can't read your mind..

Now, be nice dear! :)

I agree with the charge instructions. A faster charge, now and then, won't hurt the battery, but a lower current charge is what I prefer.

I agree that in the long term, slow charging increases the usual life span of these batteries and most other batteries, too.

isle said:
2200 mAh 11.1V 20C

OK. You can charge that at 2.2 amps. The stock charger is 1, 2, or 3 amp charging rate. Someone said a while back that even when 3 amp is selected it is not really charging at 3 amps. The three amp setting should be fine. Lower amp charge rates are fine also but take longer. They may be easier on battery over time. Not really sure. I always use 3 amp on stock charger and battery has never got warm. I have another charger I use most of the time and I can set it at 2.2 amp balance charge.

you can charge the stock battery's at 2amps or if you want to charge them slow you can charge them at 1 amp. You can even set it to 3amps max charge rate tho they will not take 3 amps and it will still charge at just over 2amps for the beginning of the charge and then the amp rate drops the fuller it gets. Even on my digital smart charger when I set it to charge at 5a the highest i ever seen the dji battery's actually take is 2.4amps right at the beginning of the charge then drops down to about 2 then starts dropping down to about .4 towards the end. Even my good battery's that have a higher C rating can be charged at 5 amps and only really only take about 4.5 amps from the charger then starts tapering down.

But the reason the stock dji lipo charger has different settings for two different battery types as well as 3 settings for amps and plugs for 2 cell 3 cell and 4 cell is so it can charge different size battery's. DJI dont actually make the charger and they are just an off the shelf charger made by a different manufacturer. so they are used for a few different battery's

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj