Bad gps switch

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNaX3YJ ... e=youtu.be

anyone else have a issue with there switch not working
I need to hold it up to stay in gps mode
sounds like it clicks up and feels like it does but nope :roll:

Finally got a great camera installed and now this
dam its always something :roll:
hope I can get just the switch so I don't have to waste my nice stickers for controller

I should be able to just swap the top and bottom wires on the switch and have gps on lower slot right???
while I wait for replacement. no board shorting issues doing that

Yes, you can . My S2 in the off position quit. It would jump to course lock even though it was in the upper position. You could put pressure on it and it would make connection. It is a common three position switch on-off-on. If position two and three work, just change top and bottom wire and then rotate switch 180 degrees. Not sure about getting it compass calibration mode with one position out. I bought my replacement switch at Radio Shack.. You can hook it up to your computer and check the switches.

bob22 said:
Yes, you can . My S2 in the off position quit. It would jump to course lock even though it was in the upper position. You could put pressure on it and it would make connection. It is a common three position switch on-off-on. If position two and three work, just change top and bottom wire and then rotate switch 180 degrees. Not sure about getting it compass calibration mode with one position out. I bought my replacement switch at Radio Shack.. You can hook it up to your computer and check the switches.

Thanks I went ahead and switched the top and bottom wires and all works fine
The compass calib works ok since when I toggle back and forth it momentarily touches
Dronefly is sending out both switches together for replacement as then it’s unplug and replug new ones
Best darn customer service ever
First sent me new camera before they got the old one and now replaced my switches no questions asked
AOK in my book

Did this update while in there so just in case needed I don't have to risk antenna breakage again
Just put a usb plug cap on it and its ready for the future

Attachments

• DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 377
skyhighdiver said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNaX3YJ0Q0&feature=youtu.be

anyone else have a issue with there switch not working
I need to hold it up to stay in gps mode
sounds like it clicks up and feels like it does but nope :roll:

Finally got a great camera installed and now this
dam its always something :roll:
hope I can get just the switch so I don't have to waste my nice stickers for controller

I should be able to just swap the top and bottom wires on the switch and have gps on lower slot right???
while I wait for replacement. no board shorting issues doing that

drone fly sent me out a new set of switches and all is well

Thank you

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4