BAD experience with Adorama

Reaction score
so here it goes.
needed a P3P for a customer so i had first company (not Adorama) ship it directly to him.
he got it and reported ESC Error so i told him to send it back to me and i'll take care of it.
in the meanwhile while the defective was coming my way i purchased another P3P from Adorama
and had it sent to me so i can make sure everything is perfect before i send it to the end-customer.

the one i got from Adorama had a bad gimbal on it so to not waste more time because i wanted
the customer to get it ASAP i replaced the gimbal with one of the new ones i happen to had at the time,
hoping i can maybe get a partial refund from Adorama, but bottom line get the bird to the customer ASAP.

so i wrote to Adorama but they declined the request saying that i need to send the whole thing back so they
can check it out. I ALREADY DID and the bird is already in now happy customers hands!
long story short at the end of the day they said "we're sorry for the inconvenience but we will make sure it doesn't happen again".

Thank you Adorama for caring only about you and your $$ and not the customer, at least not in my case.

I think i didn't ask for too much when i said $200 partial refund would be fine with me and i will even send the
faulty gimbal back. I just wanted the customer to get the item he paid for in a timely manner.
That's fine, i won't go broke because of that but I wanted to make sure that people are aware what they are dealing with when it comes to customer service with this company.

I purchased a lot in the past year from Adorama, and this was my last purchase.

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: Reed L
that does not sound like an unreasonable response from adorama at all. how can adorama verify how amazingly honest you are?

Reactions: msinger
Just some thoughts:

- Why shouldn't Adorama expect the product they shipped to you be sent back unmodified?
- Why should Adorama assume a broken part you send back was removed from the Phantom they sent you?

Reactions: PhantomPlanet
because gimbal has a serial number on it and really? why would i go to all this trouble for couple hundred $$'s ?
as far as i am concerned if they even came back and said "sure we'll credit you $100 for your trouble" i'd be a happy camper.
but at the end of the day they were willing to do nothing! i even asked them if maybe they would give me a small discount on my next purchase
and they said no to that too.

that does not sound like an unreasonable response from adorama at all. how can adorama verify how amazingly honest you are?

i get your point, they can't but i was open to anything from them. gimbal has a serial number on it so when i would send them the non-functioning one
they could verify if they got back the one they sent out.
hey it is what it is, like i've said i'm not going to go broke because of this. maybe my expectations are too high about other
companies because i try to deliver when it comes to my customers, that's all

You may be able to explain the situation to a DJI rep and exchange the bad gimbal for a new one. At least you'd have the spare part.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PhantomPlanet
You may be able to explain the situation to a DJI rep and exchange the bad gimbal for a new one. At least you'd have the spare part.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
maybe i'll try that, haven't even thought about that.. thanks!

raster *may* have a point. DJI will probably have a better set of diagnostic tools than a reseller. they may be able to determine whether a part was faulty from the factory rather than from careless customer handling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20