Bad crash, drone busted, is battery ok?

Reaction score
Is my battery still usable? So after a few successful flights I had a compass error and crashed into a tree from about a meter off the ground. Everything still worked and showed normal. Went to a field calibrated the compass and got a great flight the next day. No errors. The next day I take it to a park with a. Big open field. There where some high voltage wires sorta close by but not close to where I was flying. Everything looked a go. Good gps signal, normal readings for compass and everything else. Took off, got about 120 ft up and started moving forward the all of a sudden I get compass error and as it switched to atti mode it dove straight a the ground, boom. Pieces everywhere, camera, gimbal broke off, severely damaged case, and the battery flew out as well. I want to know if the battery is still usable cause when I got to it the button was loose but I pressed it a few times now it is working and showing the charge and turning on like normal. Is there a way to know if the battery is damaged and unusable?

I was gonna attempt I fix the aircraft myself with a new case and camera but after disassembly, there were some other issues that would have cost more than buying just the craft without controller. I just got brand new p3s and don’t want to worry about a faulty battery.

I was gonna attempt I fix the aircraft myself with a new case and camera but after disassembly, there were some other issues that would have cost more than buying just the craft without controller. I just got brand new p3s and don’t want to worry about a faulty battery.
There’s a lot of self-test circuitry involved around that battery, if there’s something wrong the system will let you know and pull the plug pretty quickly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20