Bad compass?

Reaction score
So on my F500 I have a Naza Lite and GPS antenna pointing in the right direction but can not get the compass to calibrate. I am using a Futaba radio and have a switch programed for GPS, Alti, manual and have checked it several times with the Naza software so the switch is programed and end points are correct. At that I can't get the Futaba to get the Naza into compass calibration. If I try and get up and hoover the craft drifts mostly backwards.
Also when I first fire it up I never really see any blinking red lights. The green will flash and appear to find home position but as soon as it get legs off of the ground I get a fast blinking red light. So is the antenna bad, Naza or both?

The fast-flashing red LED's would indicate your battery is low enough that as soon as you put load on it at takeoff it dips below the warning voltage. But, I don't think that has anything to do with you not being able to calibrate the compass...unless it's below that level even before takeoff.

Have you calibrated the stick input in the Assistant software, and on the controller itself as well?

OI Photography said:
The fast-flashing red LED's would indicate your battery is low enough that as soon as you put load on it at takeoff it dips below the warning voltage. But, I don't think that has anything to do with you not being able to calibrate the compass...unless it's below that level even before takeoff.

Have you calibrated the stick input in the Assistant software, and on the controller itself as well?

I calibrated the IMU and then was able to calibrate the compass. Everything I checked looks fine, sticks, switches ect. I am now thinking something if off in the Futaba programming. I am going to start from scratch and re program it.
Maybe it's time to upgrade to the Nzaz V2 as I am wanting to add IOSD to the system, thanks for your help. Also I noticed the one battery I tried to use was swollen and had a crack in it. So that was the red light flashing issue.
How do I dispose of these batteries if they are a fire hazard? Where should I take them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic