Backpack choice for my P3P

Screen Shot 2016-05-19 at 10.09.26 AM.png

This is the one, I don't particularly care for the hard shell that's shown, looks like a turtles shell. Although it might add some protection for the Phantom and gear, I wanted something easy to carry and would have some flexibility for gear placement rather than having to use the pre-cut slots which hold things in place, sometimes a bit too tight.

Last edited:
So. Jtannerhughes, did you make a choice? Happy with it? What did you get and how well does it perform? Any hikes wearing it yet? Feed back old boy. I crave feedback.

No unfortunately I have not. I still do not which one will meet my needs of light, easy to hike with, and easy to transport.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I managed to pick up a second hand dji hardshell off ebay and it's good for me. Holds all accessories except charger. I would say though, for hiking use you could probably do with some outer pockets for little extras?

I certainly would Skyvision. I'd like to be able to take some snacks, water, some 550 cord etc. I really want a water bladder if possible. Also, a couple of go pros would be ideal.

I managed to pick up a second hand dji hardshell off ebay and it's good for me. Holds all accessories except charger. I would say though, for hiking use you could probably do with some outer pockets for little extras?

It holds the charger too. One of the spots along the side is for props and the other side is for the charger. If you look closely at it, you'll see where the cord fits down in there and everything. Look at the pic msinger posted earlier in this post. You'll see the charger in there.

Last edited:
I like the Lowepro but that sucker is $250. No thanks. I'll rock the turtle shell for now.

I have the DJI hard backpack. Small, light and comfortable. You can probably find them for around $80-100. Others have mentioned similar designs, but the foam inserts are different. Personally, I was trying to avoid anything that would work with models other than the P3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav