Backing Out Motor and Retention Screws

Reaction score
Those who have unscrewed the motor and retention screws, how tight did you put them back in? I tighten mine 'snug', until my screw driver stopped turning. I used my thumb and index finger to tighten it down, was afraid of torquing it to much. Supposedly unscrewing these screws and putting them back in might prevent stress cracking.

It's ones judgement and feel.

It's ones judgement and feel.
Well I assume if you torque it down and over tighten it, it would cause issues no? I just tightened it till the screw driver stopped turning and left it as is. Turned on the motors and allowed it to spin for a few minutes. Then I checked the screws by trying to tighten them again with my thumb and index finger, and none of them moved.

Have had good success with turn till stops then 1/16 more to lock it in.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
Have had good success with turn till stops then 1/16 more to lock it in.
Yeah I did something like that. Kept turning until it stopped. Then gave it a tiny little nudge to make sure it's snug. I figured to use my index and thumb to tighten the screws down. So I don't torque it down. There was a few youtube videos of people tightening it down and using their full hand to tighten down. I'd be worried for excessive torquing.

There was a few youtube videos of people tightening it down and using their full hand to tighten down.
It's fine to use your full hand, but you just need it to be snug. Don't forget you're driving the screw into plastic. It'll crack and/or put unnecessary stress on the shell if you overdo it.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31