B6 B6AC Balance Charger phantom 3 battery

The 'charger' for the P2 & P3s are essentially a power supply.

All the protections, balancing, etc. for the LiPo hazards are taken care of by the intelligent interface atop the pack.

There's no significant advantage to buying a secondary charger other than if you are planning to move beyond the DJI proprietary scheme.

I already have the B6 Charger so I was not planning on investing. Just wondering if the B6 would be useful as a second charger so I can 2 batteries at the same time,

Same. I also already owned a SkyRC B6AC+ charger (for my Cheerson CX-20), I was asking the same question in RCgroups forum, someone suggested using a Traxxis cable but it doesn't fit into the Phantom 3 battery. I notice eBay does sell the banana to modified Traxxis cable for Phantom 3 battery but I haven't tried them yet. Another question is some people on YouTube charge through LiPo mode while others charge through Pb mode, not sure which one should we use? :confused:

Yes it would be nice to adapt the B6 to the P3 battery format. As stated before, the P2/3 batteries just require a power supply to charge as the actual charging circuitry is built into the battery. This does pose an interesting concept to build a multi-bank charger holder connected to a external power supply.

Same. I also already owned a SkyRC B6AC+ charger (for my Cheerson CX-20), I was asking the same question in RCgroups forum, someone suggested using a Traxxis cable but it doesn't fit into the Phantom 3 battery. I notice eBay does sell the banana to modified Traxxis cable for Phantom 3 battery but I haven't tried them yet. Another question is some people on YouTube charge through LiPo mode while others charge through Pb mode, not sure which one should we use? :confused:

You def. want to use Pb mode IF you can adjust the output voltage.

LiPo mode employs a CC/CV profile intended to be used with balancing feedback into the charger.

Charging is where the overwhelming amount of accidents occur. This is not a place to get creative.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Anyone know what PSU voltage range the P3 batteries can handle? According to my volt meter the stock P3 Pro power supply puts out ~18v. Would be nice of I could use one of my 12v or 24v power supplies to charge multiple P3 batteries at once.

12v will be low and 24v will be high voltage to charge a battery to ~17volts.

Anyone know what PSU voltage range the P3 batteries can handle? According to my volt meter the stock P3 Pro power supply puts out ~18v. Would be nice of I could use one of my 12v or 24v power supplies to charge multiple P3 batteries at once.
you can on one of the adapters available, if your power supply will put out 18 Volts--

Let me tell you something that's funny about that little car charger though (BTG link). The day I received the unit, I went to charge up a P3P battery. The unit was just a touch warm and I was thinking. Humm. wonder if there is a fan in there to cool things off, I felt for it but could not feel a fan moving any air. The I looked very close and found out, THERE IS NO HOLES IN THAT VENT. Yes, they make it look like there is vents on the side of the unit, but NO HOLES! So, I may take it apart and see about making some vent holes. It was not over heating by no means but It's just odd.

The 4-bay DJI branded hub for $90 does what the 3-bay Spinido does for half the price, but yes, one less bay. Both expect an external source such as your DJI power supply, but can also take a standard 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector. So it seems you could easy get or make a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector for the SkyRC charger.

The B6AC puts out 18V6A whether you are connected to AC or DC. So then it is a matter of figuring out how to connect to the batteries. The cheap strips with connectors on them, the hub type that also holds the batteries, a dividing into a bunch of leads for each battery.

I have only seen the multiple leads connected to a AC charger. The hubs like the Spinido take a standard barrel connector input.

If you are rotating 4 batteries, it seems a product like the Spinido would be fine. Hot battery comes out of the drone and is put to the side to cool. then the most charged battery in the hub is put in the drone. Then when you run that battery down, you put the cooled battery in the hub and take the most charged of the other two out, etc. etc. You could rotate 5 batteries as there wouldn't be time with the hub not full and a battery cooling.

Something like the B6AC can also be set at a slower charge rate if you don't want to fast charge, for longer battery life.

The B6AC can also be used to discharge.

Last but not least, it isn't limited to one function, as in the case of you guys who had one for other batteries but can also use it for the Phantom batteries.

If anyone is doing what I am suggesting, where did you get barrel connector cables from or did you find a way to get some battery connectors without buying a charger?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20