B4UFLY is confusing

Reaction score
Anyone feel this way? There's circles everywhere and if you tap on the area, it doesn't say much about what restrictions there are or if it's just to show you there. You can use filters, but it doesn't really make clear where you actually can fly. In fact, no matter where I tap in California, just about every place has a restriction. Maybe I'm using it wrong? Would love some help if that's the case.

I dont really care for B4UFLY. I use Airmap instead. AirMap.io (also iOS and Android app)

Yeah, the B4UFLY app is pretty much garbage though it is a good idea to have it and look at it as a second look, but Airmap is way better.

Brian

Last edited:
I think they fixed Airmap data. Even before today's app update, Airmap didn't show my house was in a highly restricted location but rather use caution, noting that Brooksville airport was within 5 miles.
Not long ago you'd think that Brooksville airport was a major passenger airport like TIA.

Airmap is much better.
I use Hover. Any idea how Airmap compares to that? I was going to purchase Airmap but didn't like having to purchase map updates. I'm not aware of having to pay for map updates with Hover.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4