B4A - Programming tool for Android now supports the DJI SDK

Reaction score
B4A is a rapid application development tool for Android applications.
We have added support for the DJI SDK. Example of a simple app (200 lines of code):

Reactions: Helgo
Right, what we need is to be able to attach a 2nd device running an app that just views the live camera feed from the P3.

With a few million Phantoms out there it could be sold for $5 a copy and I bet there would be at least 500k users willing to buy it.

Who is up for doing that??????

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Helgo
It is important to understand that this is an example mainly for developers. It is not 100% polished.

If you like to try it then start by installing the APK on your Android device. You need to allow installation from other sources. Run the app and connect the USB cable to the controller.
Due to the way Android works it can be challenging to have two DJI apps installed on the same device. You can see this instructions: Help - Litchi
One solution is to uninstall DJI app.

Once you get it working you will see the MJPEG URL on left side. You need to enter this URL in the browser of the other mobile devices.
You can test it without flying the drone.

Reactions: Neon Euc
B4A is a rapid application development tool for Android applications.
We have added support for the DJI SDK. Example of a simple app (200 lines of code):

Just checked your website, where B4X is said to be a new Visual Basic.

I had Visual Basic experience some time ago (including MS Office versions), curious to try my hand on DJI SDK but no Android experience.

Would B4A allow me to develop without the need to dig deep into Android?

Right, what we need is to be able to attach a 2nd device running an app that just views the live camera feed from the P3.

With a few million Phantoms out there it could be sold for $5 a copy and I bet there would be at least 500k users willing to buy it.

Who is up for doing that??????

:)
What circumstances could you see this being used for - a live feed from a second android device. There is already a method to show the live feed to output to a hdmi device like a monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20