B&H packages

Reaction score
Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has purchased a custom p2 pkg from b&h with gimbal, fpv and osd. How's it worked out?

Butcher99 said:
Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has purchased a custom p2 pkg from b&h with gimbal, fpv and osd. How's it worked out?

Got my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal from B&H photo/video. They are a pleasure to work with. Great service!

Great service! I ordered P2 & Gimbal. I believe the gimbal arrived DOA, but they are making the exchange easy.

Highly recommend...

Re: B&H packages

All good here except a user error crash. My p2v is going to collect dust and I already want some goggles in this sunny weather. Gopro vid is spectacular.

Butcher99 said:

Their price is pretty good. The monitors they sell in their packages are a joke. I bought all the components from them, monitor from Helipal. Worked out to about the same price. The have Excellent customer service.

Mine is Out for Delivery today!

Took a couple weeks to ship from B&H, but since I'm not the most patient or technically inclined, it was well worth the wait and cost to have B&H install the gimbal, etc. I'm really looking forward to this. I ordered the (at the time) $2100 bundle with the case, FPV, etc.

I'll be shooting an unboxing and first flight video to be included with a video I'm working on about my home office revamp that's going on 10 weeks at this point. I'll post to the forum when all finished if anyone is interested.

Any advice for a newbie?

I received the B & H Phantom 2, Gimbal, Hero 3+, FPV, case package. There are MANY boxes that come with this package and only one 8 x 11 picture of how to plug in the various parts. I had to do several of the software updates (including a new one for the GoPro 3+) and this in turn made the gimbal point the camera down and not be responsive to the switch on back of the controller. B & H did not have any idea on what to do and suggested that I send it all back and/or talk with DJI. While waiting on the DJI Technical support phone queue for over an hour (and I was still tenth in line), I searched the Phantom Pilots and found a report that you have to recalibrate the X1 (gimbal switch) both in the controller and then the assistant software and the order matters. That fixed the problem. DJI has this sequence in their directions for firmware upgrades for P2.

The flight data is in meters. The camera data is superimposed over the flight data and I need to figure out how to either cut this out or move the camera display information so that it does not cover some of the flight data. If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate some hints.

The monitor resolution is nothing like the iPhone resolution of the P2V and so it is a bit disappointing in comparison. I put a 3M antiglare film over the monitor and that really improved things. I have not yet figured out what mount to use to put the monitor on the controller with the cords and battery and have just mounted it on a tripod right now.

I have had several test flights in my backyard (between weather events) and the system has performed very well and has not had any connecting issues like I experienced with the WiFi of the P2V. The pictures from the GoPro are really good with the gimbal and I have only noticed a little "jerkiness" when doing a yaw action. Probably would be improved with a third axis. Maybe someday in the future.

Thanks Jezabel. This post could really help me out. I was assuming B&H did the firmware upgrades and corrections upon install. Is that not the case?

When did you order & receive your stuff? I ordered on 2/20. I was really hoping to fly pretty much right out of the box. If I gotta sit here through a bunch of technical BS (while I'm crazy busy as it is) then I feel kinda ripped off considering I PAID to have this assembled and configured.

Let's see, because of having the P2V first and having read all about fly-aways,etc, I decided to plug in the P2 to the Assistant software and there were a few upgrades (but not all) that needed to be done (sorry I cannot remember which ones). Having done the upgrades however is what tripped up the gimbal with the camera starting upright when the P2 was turned on and within one second turned straight down without any response to the switch on the controller. So, it is important to RE-calibrate the switch on the RC and then RE-calibrate it in the assistant software. That fixed the problem and B & H did not know this.

In addition, the GoPro Hero 3+ just released a firmware upgrade as well. I also plugged into the IOSD Mini assistant to try to move the flight data on the display to maximize it on the monitor.

I had ordered the package on 2/16 and it took 18 days to receive (not the 7 - 14 days that the website stated when I ordered). I note that the website now states 2 - 3 weeks and that is probably more accurate.

B & H has done a really good job with returns. My P2V had a camera problem (purple kite aberrations in the upper right of the frame) as well as breaking connection with the wifi of the iPhone. No problem with that return. In the past I have also had to return various camera-related equipment and they have done really well with no hassles.

I just don't think that they are completely tuned in as the folks on this forum or perhaps as another suggested a UAV or hobby shop might be.

Got my Phantom 2 and gimbal combo from B&H. I also later ordered the iosd mini from them. They are great at getting the stuff shipped asap.

I looked at the BH packages but could not get past the anemic monitor that they include with it. Not sure why they don't offer a better monitor. My guess is that they are good at shipping stuff, but don't know much about Phantoms. I got mine from www.1uas.com. UAV's is all they do. Not sure there is much value in having stuff put together for you. It took me all of 5 mins to screw on the gimbal and I had never even seen one before.

I ended up getting my gopro from BH. A few days later I saw it on REI for $40 less and when I asked if they would match the price, they basically told me to pound sand. Not exactly the legendary cs I had heard about.

Got my box from B&H today. Had spent the evening mounting a TV to the wall (which took longer that it should, because I suck) and just now finished shooting an unboxing. I plan to edit it tomorrow and get it on youtube. I'll post here.

My initial thoughts are: I thought I could fly it right out of the box. I thought I would open the GoProfessional case and it would have the props on and GoPro in the gimbal. It did not. The Zenmuse and everything is installed, but I'll at least have to do some minor set up (I hope; see: took 2.5 hours to mount a TV bracket to wall...).

Everything was in one big box. There's a lot that I have no clue what it is! But I'm excited.... and the wife & kids are eager to go flying tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be begging for help in this forum...but...let's hope not.

I have no opinion since I haven't seen it set up yet. I hear its pretty bad but I'll have to get a look at it myself ASAP.

MCG said:
I have no opinion since I haven't seen it set up yet. I hear its pretty bad but I'll have to get a look at it myself ASAP.

Look at this one, I just ordered it http://www.helipal.com/boscam-7-monitor ... evier.html

I also got basically the same package as you, except I bought the components. I'm having everything shipped at once….so its going to take another 2 weeks :cry: . Not a big deal, still cold here

FASTFJR said:
Butcher99 said:

Their price is pretty good. The monitors they sell in their packages are a joke. I bought all the components from them, monitor from Helipal. Worked out to about the same price. The have Excellent customer service.

The monitor and lack of monitor mount were the reasons I didn't go to B&H. I can actually drive there in under an hour but decided to go with Helipal because they had everything I wanted. I ordered on a Saturday night and got it on Wednesday. That's crazy shipping. I've ordered parts (with no problems) from B&H and they take longer to get to me.

MCG, good job on making this video so that folks know what to expect with the B & H package. I also thought that the package would be "ready to fly" and found that there was a bit more to do than what I expected. However, it worked out just fine.

FASTJFR, with the B & H set up for the Tote Vision there are antennae on both the receiver/monitor and on the Phantom transmitter. It looks like the Boscam monitor has two antennae on the receiver/monitor itself. Will this work with the antenna that is already installed on the Phantom 2 (that came ready to transmit to the Tote Vision receiver/antenna)? I like the looks of the Boscam so my question is if there has to be anything done to the B & H installed video transmitter/antenna system to work with the Boscam receiver? Can I use the existing antenna on the Phantom 2 to work with the Boscam?

FASTFJR, I think I may have answered my question by reading more about the Boscam monitor. Towards the bottom of the description of the monitor it states that you need an adapter for the clover-leaf antenna and I believe that is what the antenna is that came with the B & H package. Did I interpret that correctly?

poostik said:
FASTFJR said:
Butcher99 said:

The monitor and lack of monitor mount were the reasons I didn't go to B&H. I can actually drive there in under an hour but decided to go with Helipal because they had everything I wanted. I ordered on a Saturday night and got it on Wednesday. That's crazy shipping. I've ordered parts (with no problems) from B&H and they take longer to get to me.

I'm only about 2 hours away. I looked at Helipal, almost ordered from them. It came down to who I thought would be easier to deal with if I got a bad part or something like that. I thought someone in the states close to me would be better than dealing with someone over sea's. Over the years I've ordered over 20k of camera equipment over the years with very few issues. I also can't stand DHL, they have screwed up and or broken more things than I care to think about

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.