B&H or Dronefly

Reaction score
I am about to pull the plug and by a Phantom V2. Looks like a savings of $70 happening today. I Have bought a lot of camera gear via B&H and been very happy. I noticed Dronefly offering same savings today. Can anyone suggest why Dronefly would be more reputable for my purchase? Thanks in advance.

Patb01027 said:
I am about to pull the plug and by a Phantom V2. Looks like a savings of $70 happening today. I Have bought a lot of camera gear via B&H and been very happy. I noticed Dronefly offering same savings today. Can anyone suggest why Dronefly would be more reputable for my purchase? Thanks in advance.

I've heard good about both. If it were me, I would go with B&H. During the roll out of the Vision, when the "invalid battery" problem was at it's peak, B&H was giving their customers replacement Visions while Dronefly way saying they needed approval from DJI. In this instance, I think B&H's approach was much more professional and reassuring to their customers. Perhaps Dronefly will do better in the next emergency.

Dave Pitman said:
Patb01027 said:

I've heard good about both. If it were me, I would go with B&H. During the roll out of the Vision, when the "invalid battery" problem was at it's peak, B&H was giving their customers replacement Visions while Dronefly way saying they needed approval from DJI. In this instance, I think B&H's approach was much more professional and reassuring to their customers. Perhaps Dronefly will do better in the next emergency.

Yeah, I've done business with both and have been very pleased with the service...however B&H is a much larger company and has more buying/stocking power than Dronefly, which is why they can go that extra mile for customers in situations like that. Dronefly seems to be a solid outifit, but if I was choosing between the two for a new Phantom, I'd probably pick B&H just for that extra piece of mind.

+1 - B&H every time.

I visit them regularly in NYC and they have NEVER failed to give me anything but exemplary service.

On the odd occasion I have had a problem with an item it has been sorted without quibble or fuss or having to resort to arguments.
They've just exchanged the product - no questions asked.

I just bought my v1.1.1 from Dronefly- while I have not truly had a chance to establish whether they are a solid company, I can say that my warning bells are ringing- I have had 3 separate questions out to them- in email both prior to, and following the purchase.

One of those questions was addressed- nothing on the other 2 and it has been several days- I get the impression that Dronefly is a one man operation out of a garage= which is fine, but replying to customer questions and concerns cannot be ignored.

B&H has a stellar rep, and also the resources to help if there is a need-

Ultimately I find (as most folks here already know) that to get into the Phantom and aerial photography with it, you MUST be self reliant and resourceful- lots of scouring the internet forums and sites to learn about all of the nuances and particulars.

I spent over 6 months before this purchase, and possibly years before that reading on the tech and advances (I used to be very active in r/c but it waned)

I do know that DJI as a resource- contacting them directly, is a pointless exercise- they want your money, but not your contact, and they cannot even keep the tutorial vids up to date.

Thanks everyone. I think B&H is where I will go for sure. They have always been great and for this big purchase I will feel safer going with them. This site has been great for my research into this product. Thanks again and look forward to posting more

I'm voting for B&H with my purchase last week for much the same reasons - past experience and performance.

From my shopping online for a GOOD case for my new Phantom (not a vision mind you) and based on what little I have noticed of the current pricing of that model, and considering you have already chosen to go with this vendor, I'd say there really is no more to do other than drop the coin and make the purchase- all vendors offer various perks and benefits (Dronefly's is an extra battery with the v1.1.1) so in the end, I'd say the vendor and the follow up service are the deal maker, or breaker.

Placed my order with B&H today :D now the waiting. Did not get the case went with additional battery & card for $1306. CAN'T WAIT!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl