Avoidance system disabled when prop guards fitted

Reaction score
So when you need the avoidance system, primarily as a newbie and a novice pilot hence the reason for using prop guards, its a waste of time using them!! P4 overpriced compared to the value for money (Now) P3P - but you do now have sports mode with prop guards [emoji6]

So when you need the avoidance system, primarily as a newbie and a novice pilot hence the reason for using prop guards, its a waste of time using them!! P4 overpriced compared to the value for money (Now) P3P - but you do now have sports mode with prop guards [emoji6]
Sport mode and prop guards don't belong together.
If you feel that you need propguards, you are definitely not in a suitable location for sport mode.
As a general rule for flying any Phantom outdoors, if you feel that you need propguards, you need to fly somewhere else.

Reactions: Patrick
I don't use them indoors either.

Sport mode and prop guards don't belong together.
If you feel that you need propguards, you are definitely not in a suitable location for sport mode.
As a general rule for flying any Phantom outdoors, if you feel that you need propguards, you need to fly somewhere else.
Totally agree - l used prop guards on my P3P originally and yes as a newbie six months ago they saved my props outside in a field but with disorientation upon return l hit a small tree luckily no damage just my pride and l continue to enjoy to this day without prop guards. Was that a "fly away" no pilot error Doh! Just observing here the P4 misconception of collision avoidance out there still being applicable with prop guards fitted maybe newbies are unaware of that fact and sport mode will lead to faster accidents? Great forums, helpful folk and "just lovin it" as the saying goes.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub