AVL58 and black Pearl 801

Reaction score
Having difficulty getting any more than 200m with this setup using the supplied AVL58 clover leafed antenna. I have gone through the normal routine stuff with respect to fully charged batteries, tight connections and making sure the frequencies on the tx and Rx match. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am bummed I'm only getting 10% of the max 1.3km as described in its manual.

joeg1717 said:
Having difficulty getting any more than 200m with this setup using the supplied AVL58 clover leafed antenna. I have gone through the normal routine stuff with respect to fully charged batteries, tight connections and making sure the frequencies on the tx and Rx match. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am bummed I'm only getting 10% of the max 1.3km as described in its manual.

Your monitor is in NTSC mode? You have a clover leaf antenna on your own monitor? Make sure the antenna is extended out on the side, instead of downward.

Other than that, I'd say I'm not too surprised \:
But, there's not too many folks to blame. It's really just the fact that the technology is not readily available to cheaply do what we want to cheaply do. If you buy a 95 dollar transmitter, expect it to do $95 dollar worth in the scope of the electronics world (which is poo). One day soon, you will be able to transmit a clear video preview from your Phantom for less than 30 bucks I'd imagine. But for now you're looking at 1400 dollars to get a setup that does what the packaging says.

Yes and yes :)........I appreciate the feedback. I read the forums fairly regularly and am envious of the guys getting 1km or sometimes better, sometimes with the same setup. I have vision plus (along with this vision with a gopro), and get the same if not better range and picture from it. Unfortunately I experienced an 'incident' with a tree and broke the gimbel so it is out of service until repair parts can be obtained.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl