AVL58 5.8 GHz Video Link Kit - Monitor?

Reaction score
I going with the AVL58 5.8 GHz Video Link Kit, I'm looking for a 5-7 monitor that has a built in rechargeable battery. Whats a good one to get which will work well with the DJI video link?

Thanks

So the above monitor has 2 antennas. If you move to the cloverleaf style antennas...do you need to replace both of them?

That looks like the one available from rcdepot. I bought it yesterday. It says it is DJI compatible. Your link has a bit more information than the rcdepot link although rcdepot does say it works with immersionrc and DJI.

Oh... and the names seem to be different but if you look at the form factor, they appear to be the same thing. Same ports, specs, etc. I suspect they were made by the same factory.

https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/product_ ... 02-duo.htm

However, your question also asks if it is a good solution. I don't really know since I don't have it in my hands yet. I'm concerned that it is a lot of weight/bulk on the front of the controller. I may put it on a tripod if I don't like the big package in my hands. I like the video out - that will let me record flights with osd information if I wish.

Looks to be the same one. Its the same one that Helipal sells in their all in one Storm Deluxe combo http://www.helipal.com/fpv-system_fpv-package.html

I'm not too worried about the weight, their are a few options on that. In fact one of our British members here sells a pretty cool mounting arm.

The last thing I want to do is mount it to a tripod. I like to move around and it might be pretty tough to do with it mounted to a pod. The how B&H sells their package, the guy told me I could fly with one hand and move the tripod around with the other :lol:

brianweis said:
So the above monitor has 2 antennas. If you move to the cloverleaf style antennas...do you need to replace both of them?

Yes, From Link……….Note for upgrading with Clover Leaf Antennas
For those who wish to put on Clover Leaf Antenna, you will need to buy Two sets, because obviously there are Two antennas on this monitor. And you will need Two 5.8Ghz Antenna Adapter (Male to Male) as well, please see below to get this adapter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik