Average flight time on one battery

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the world of drones and the phantom. What is the average flight time for a phantom 3 advanced? First time I took mine out it lasted about 14 minutes before I got the low battery signal, and when I landed I had maybe 2 minutes left. Does that seem right, or do I need to change some settings?

At full throttle FPV I will get 17 minutes before its running close to empty.

I'm with you I'm new as well and if I get 15 mins hovering in the outfield at my grandsons baseball games it's a good day!!
And that's just hovering!!
Flying full speed around the fields 10-12 mins is a good day!!

Reactions: bobmyers
Hello, I'm new to the world of drones and the phantom. What is the average flight time for a phantom 3 advanced? First time I took mine out it lasted about 14 minutes before I got the low battery signal, and when I landed I had maybe 2 minutes left. Does that seem right, or do I need to change some settings?
First of all-- Don't fly the battery down too low. Always try to land it between 20 and 30 % which means that if you are a good distance out, start thinking about getting it to the landing spot and a lower altitude. Your flight time will probably be between 12 to 15 minutes if you want to land safely and not ruin your battery life. When the battery reaches critical at 10%, it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location.

Last edited:
First of all-- Don't fly to battery down too low. Always try to land it between 20 and 30 % which means that if you are a good distance out, start thinking about getting it to the landing spot and a lower altitude. Your flight time will probably be between 12 to 15 minutes if you want to land safely and not ruin your battery life. When the battery reaches critical at 10%, it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location.

It can try to land but right stick up will neutralise it until you get to somewhere better to land.

i fly until the 30 percent warning light comes on and than i land it.
somewhere around 15 minutes flight time

Reactions: Farmer and bobmyers
It can try to land but right stick up will neutralise it until you get to somewhere better to land.
Right stick up will move the craft forward and when it runs out of battery because you are pushing the right stick forward, the landing will turn into a crash and you will be on the forum asking everyone why did the Phantom crash.

Right stick up will move the craft forward and when it runs out of battery because you are pushing the right stick forward, the landing will turn into a crash and you will be on the forum asking everyone why did the Phantom crash.

lol left stick up.. its after 1am here and I did have a drink.

Same as my previous answer-- until you run out of battery-- the CRASH!

you did see where I said you could use the stick to neutralise the auto landing until you found somewhere better to land right?

btw right stick up wouldnt end up in the battery running out.. it would hit the ground while moving forward, just fyi.

you did see where I said you could use the stick to neutralise the auto landing until you found somewhere better to land right?
I did see it -- the whole point is don't let the battery get too low to where the drone goes into auto land. The OP was asking about battery time, not how to stop it from landing if the battery went too low. Cheers:) If the battery level reaches 10 % and the Phantom is still in the air-- everything at that point is downhill- It is MAYDAY mode.

I did see it -- the whole point is don't let the battery get too low to where the drone goes into auto land. The OP was asking about battery time, not how to stop it from landing if the battery went too low. Cheers:) If the battery level reaches 10 % and the Phantom is still in the air-- everything at that point is downhill- It is MAYDAY mode.

Buddy you said this: "When the battery reaches critical at 10%, it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location."

I merely pointed out that with up stick control you could neutralise the landing and take it to land somewhere safer as your comment seemed to imply you didnt know that: "it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location".

Ive got friends who have run the battery down to 1% (on long range fpv 5 miles in each direction), its not advisable but 10% isnt MAYDAY mode as you seem to think it is.

Buddy you said this: "When the battery reaches critical at 10%, it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location."

I merely pointed out that with up stick control you could neutralise the landing and take it to land somewhere safer as your comment seemed to imply you didnt know that: "it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location".

Ive got friends who have run the battery down to 1% (on long range fpv 5 miles in each direction), its not advisable but 10% isnt MAYDAY mode as you seem to think it is.
Fly it to 0% -- doesn't matter to me-- just trying to pass along a little experience and knowledge. Cheers:):)

Reactions: Erik Somoroff
Fly it to 0% -- doesn't matter to me-- just trying to pass along a little experience and knowledge. Cheers:):)

Same here mate, thats why I added my insight to yours. Just dont want people thinking they cant neutralise the auto landing feature if they are in a bad area to land (like over water for instance).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic