Availability...

Reaction score
Ordered my DJI PV+ on May 2nd and the er-seller keeps pushing the delivery date! It is now June 4th!!! What is going on with the production and availibility here?? Is there just one guy in Hongkong assemebling these units?!?! :lol:

I ordered mine from DJI directly and they said it was going to be 8 -10 day before it was even ready to ship plus another 5-7 days for shipping. I ordered it on May 15th and got it on May 20th. Not sure who you ordered it from.

Makai2207 said:
I ordered mine from DJI directly and they said it was going to be 8 -10 day before it was even ready to ship plus another 5-7 days for shipping. I ordered it on May 15th and got it on May 20th. Not sure who you ordered it from.

I ordered mine from the Norwegian online retailer www.MPX.no

Good company - have used them several times over a number of years, but THIS is disseapointing :?

Russair said:
I have one left in stock at agdronestore.com.

$1450
$30 shipping.

Thanks, but I would have to buy a significant customs fee + VAT into Norway ;)

US distributors are all backordered, supply is VERY scare right now, DJI can't make them fast enough to fill demand.

kgarrison said:
US distributors are all backordered, supply is VERY scare right now, DJI can't make them fast enough to fill demand.

What? Aren´t these things made on an assembly line, or even by robots in a factory? Or are you saying they are manually assembled, one by one?

Anybody know of any UK supplier who has them in stock? Like Hens teeth at the moment in the UK

Sjasam said:
kgarrison said:

What? Aren´t these things made on an assembly line, or even by robots in a factory? Or are you saying they are manually assembled, one by one?

A factory full of robots still has a finite about of product it can produce in a day.

Try b&h photo. Got my last week . Took 2 days to get to me. That place is great. Always fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sjasam said:
kgarrison said:

Apparently the circuit boards are put together by machine, but they are for the most part assembled by hand. I assume each one is tested before being boxed up, so it would be quite time consuming. Add to that the popularity of them at the moment, they must be shipping thousands a week.
I ordered my 1st one from DJI website on a Wednesday, it was shipped out Thursday & arrived in Australia on Saturday morning. Then DHL held it up for 48hrs due to some customs regulation, but I received it in 5days from when I ordered it.
However, different story with the replacement one (1st crashed) Ordered it on 18th May, & was told due to huge demand it could be up to 21days before it is even shipped.... :roll:
Just have to wait...

kgarrison said:

One has to wonder if the demand for them is attributing to the plethora of issues people are having with them. Quality control tends to go out the window when they're throwing them together in order to meet supply orders... Perhaps they need to slow down a bit.

If you are basing this plethora of issues on the very small number of actual complaints on a forum, that is a highly inaccurate predication model. The number of people that will complain is orders of magnitude higher than people who will say "mine is working great" so the perception is that a larger percentage of people are having an issue than the reality is.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj