Autopilot Pano Mode

Reaction score
Autopilot now has a Pano Mode. Does anyone have any idea how to use it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Unfortunately because you still need expensive photo editing software, not their fault though really, I haven't used it, but like with all of AutoFlightLogic it's pretty well explained in the flight school

Thanks,
I must of missed it before.

I have used it, the one thing I got stuck on was orientation. You have to remember that to have the center of your pano face north you need to set it to 0 degrees. To face south you set it to 180 degrees. It doesn't show you in the app what direction your pano will face. I thought it was weird that when I set a waypoint Mission manually by pressing my C1 preset and then selected the waypoint action to be a custom pano I thought it would record the direction the bird was facing as the center of the pano but it does not. It does say in the app what your heading is so if you fly to the spot you will take the pano from and face the direction you want to be center you can take note of what it says the dreading degree is and manually enter that later

I've tried to use it twice and so far all it does is fly to the location and hover. It will say 1 of how ever many photos are programmed but won't actually take any photos. :-/

What mission type have you selected? I have been able to do it successfully in Patrol mode.

I opened the app and selected "Pano" then selected the settings I wanted and saved it. I then connected to my phantom engaged it and selected my saved "Pano" from the flight plans. The Phantom flew to the correct location but just hovered without taking photos. :-/

I opened the app and selected "Pano" then selected the settings I wanted and saved it. I then connected to my phantom engaged it and selected my saved "Pano" from the flight plans. The Phantom flew to the correct location but just hovered without taking photos. :-/
Open the app, select "Waypoint" then set your waypoint where you want the pano to be taken. Select the waypoint and then click the bubble "Tap for options" Make sure you have the "Advanced" Tab selected and select pano for "Waypoint Action" then set all the options you want for your panorama shot. Remember you have to select the "Horizontal Center" degree. In order to find the "Horizontal Center" of the Pano shot you want you have to fly to the waypoint and turn the drone until you are facing the direction you want to be the center of the pano, then take note of what the app says your "heading" is and put that number into the "Horizontal Center". 0 degrees is north, 90 degrees is east, 180 is south, and 270 degrees is east and everything in between.

Open the app, select "Waypoint" then set your waypoint where you want the pano to be taken. Select the waypoint and then click the bubble "Tap for options" Make sure you have the "Advanced" Tab selected and select pano for "Waypoint Action" then set all the options you want for your panorama shot. Remember you have to select the "Horizontal Center" degree. In order to find the "Horizontal Center" of the Pano shot you want you have to fly to the waypoint and turn the drone until you are facing the direction you want to be the center of the pano, then take note of what the app says your "heading" is and put that number into the "Horizontal Center". 0 degrees is north, 90 degrees is east, 180 is south, and 270 degrees is east and everything in between.
Thanks, I'll give this a try toda.

So I gave that a try, but again it just flew to the destination and hovered. The photo notification just said "frami 1 of 17" :-/

Reactions: hafren
For those that are interested in learning how to use the Pano mode with Autopilot, I just release a how-to video. It will walk you through all the capabilities added with the latest release around Pano Mode and Panorama’s via Waypoint Actions.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As an added bonus, based upon customer requests, I created a quick Autopilot 123 video on how I have been using Autopano Giga (separate software) to stitch the images together and host them on sites like Google Photos. You can use PT Gui, Panoweaver or other software if you’re interested. I’m pondering a deeper dive into this subject that I may release as a Udemy course…. But wanted to get this out!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let me know what you think and start to share your creations!

you still need expensive photo editing software, not their fault though really

Agreed. Kinda a buzz kill in that sense.

A weird request I'd have (and hopefully there's a setting that I'm just missing) on Panos, though—I wish photo sets were named in a way that identifies that THIS picture belongs to THIS pano project. I did 2 Panos, back-to-back, at almost the same spot, and I can't for the life of me determine where the first set ends and the second begins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.