Autopilot app (iOS) only

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here on the P3S has used this app, I heard it's seriously involved and much more technical than litchi I would like to possibly hear some thoughts:
85337d65e6ae213179cde96998b06ff5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey yes I got this app back when I was still flying my p3s using a 2nd Gen IPad it is involved absolutely, however that's not entirely a bad thing I loved it. I thought that it worked excellent with the standard
It is about flying your drone autonomously
While in complete and absolute control of its every movement this app demands your involment yes and your attention and concentration but if your devel is in the details you will like the app.
Just remember disciplined safety and piloting should be hand and foot.

It does seem very involved at first, but as you get used to it it is quite straightforward.
It does offer excellent control even while flying autonomously.
I use various apps for different reasons, and use autopilot a lot.

I have autopilot and Litchi and I prefer autopilot. It seems intuitive to me.

The critical comparison of Litchi and Autopilot is this: With Litchi, waypoint, and Orbit missions for instance are uploaded to system memory on the UAV itself. This means that as long as GPS is not lost, your UAV will fly a mission, etc. to completion regardless of connectivity (or the loss thereof) between your controller/device and the UAV.

Autopilot on the other hand, depends on real-time communication downlinks from your controller/device to your UAV. If connectivity is lost, then the mission or event series will stop and follow behaviors specified in the app set up (like hover i.e.).

Hope this helps ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl