Autopilot App I am loving it.

Reaction score
I have been trying out autopilot App and I am loving today I took the risk and tried the Follow me mode and it worked great. Here is a small video.

Reactions: J&L
I have been trying out autopilot App and I am loving today I took the risk and tried the Follow me mode and it worked great. Here is a small video.
I use follow me mode in autopilot and love it also. I have found that having it farther away and a little lower and the video looks better and also try to avoid 90* turns prevents the rapid movement of the phantom. Good video though not sure about the music lol.

Reactions: Twinnny_twinnn
I use follow me mode in autopilot and love it also. I have found that having it farther away and a little lower and the video looks better and also try to avoid 90* turns prevents the rapid movement of the phantom. Good video though not sure about the music lol.

Thank you for the suggestions. But I was be cautious of the buildings in my neighborhood so didn't want to fly too low. And to avoid 90* turns I agree also but that's what I had to test the feature. Again thanks for the advice. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I live in very rural area and we have long winding roads so that helps me avoid 90* turns. Having a hard time with orbit mode it seems to do a oblonged shape or the object is completely out of view. In this video of mine I was trying to orbit around the tower. The focus point was the middle of the top of the tower. I seems like it was focusing on something on the ground behind it b

Last edited:
Reactions: Twinnny_twinnn
I live in very rural area and we have long winding roads so that helps me avoid 90* turns. Having a hard time with orbit mode it seems to do a oblonged shape or the object is completely out of view. In this video of mine I was trying to orbit around the tower. The focus point was the middle of the top of the tower. I seems like it was focusing on something on the ground behind it b

I have not tried Orbit but I tend to do waypoints if I am going around an object and have the focus strategy set to direction.

This is my first waypoint video with multiple camera focus points. Love this feature also. Ready for my phantom to be delivered back from DJI today.

Yeah, it looks like the point of interest was recorded as the middle of the stand below the tank, not on the top. Weird.

Reactions: J&L
Yeah, it looks like the point of interest was recorded as the middle of the stand below the tank, not on the top. Weird.
Looks like it focused on the corner of the fence of the tennis court. Never had an issue with the orbit mode in the DJI go app.

I don' think the "top of the tower" exists in the map database. Clicking on the top of the tower on the map is actually clicking on the ground wherever the image of the tower falls on the map.

If you want to focus on the top of the tower, set the POI at the base of the tower and set the POI altitude appropriately for the height of the tower.

Last edited:
I get my P3A back today and it's going to be nice so I'll test it out all week after work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav