Autopilot Altitude Issues

CP3

Reaction score
So I've started using autopilot lately, and I have come across some issues when setting altitudes.

Every time I set a flight mode, say follow at 100ft altitude for instance, it shoots up to well over the altitude I set it at.

Also, if I switch to manual flight, the altimeter on the phone display will hit 0 when I am still at least 50ft in the air. It then will have a negative altitude for the rest of the descent.

I always set the altitude reference to moving operator in the check list, and I always use an Iphone 6S, so it should have a fairly accurate altitude reading.

What am I doing wrong here?

I always set the altitude reference to moving operator in the check list, and I always use an Iphone 6S, so it should have a fairly accurate altitude reading.
When you select moving operator, the aircraft and the phone have to be at the same altitude when you perform the calibration. If the aircraft is already in the air, it will effectively use the current aircraft altitude as ground level, which is probably not what you want.

I set my flights up before takeoff, so if anything the aircraft is at a slightly lower altitude at the time I set it up.

That's not always true my app asks me to verify the altitude when I engage the mission. I've played around with it and it's pretty accurate for me. I've gone up and down when it asks me and the current altitude always changed accordingly. But I've never used moving operator.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4