AutoPilot 3.2

Anyone download 3.2 yet? And what do you think? There is a lot to learn.
I downloaded it, haven't had a chance to try, my P3A is being repaired after a crash caused by autopilot. The update has two fixes dealing with problems in Cruise Mode which is why I am out $135.00 USD for repairs.

I have used it extensively with my P3P and love it. When I have had technical questions they are generally answered within 2 hours.

Very powerful for running precise missions especially those with specific filming goals.

Very nice App. Bought it and at first it has an RC Ovverride annoying problem. Now they fixed it. Saw on facebook that grid and circle waypoints are coming. Very satisfied but keep in mind you have to be prepared to disengage it and take control of your aircraft.

[QUOTE="CC8877, post: 741926, member: 56938]"Very satisfied but keep in mind you have to be prepared to disengage it and take control of your aircraft.[/QUOTE]

Disengaging it is very simple - just move the toggle switch on the left side...works instantly.

Yes it's very fast switching to P mode on the RC, but you have to be prepared and informed about.

With appropriate planning there should be few if any panic and switch to P mode moments. Fly the intended mission manually first paying attention to altitudes and signal quality. Very little chance of suprises then.

With appropriate planning there should be few if any panic and switch to P mode moments. Fly the intended mission manually first paying attention to altitudes and signal quality. Very little chance of suprises then.

You're right for sure. But one of the reason I bought autopilot is to do not have to fly around with my drone before the mission. Otherwise I would not have spent and used DJI GO App waypoints.

In fact the cool thing about autopilot for me is to plan a mission without drain the batteries. If I have to fly around before this make sense but a little useful for me.

You're right for sure. But one of the reason I bought autopilot is to do not have to fly around with my drone before the mission. Otherwise I would not have spent and used DJI GO App waypoints.

In fact the cool thing about autopilot for me is to plan a mission without drain the batteries. If I have to fly around before this make sense but a little useful for me.
Fair enough..... The preflight lets me know if i'm likely to have signal issues. I also see things and angles that I may not have considered in a pre flight mission plan. I would be bored just watchings missions run. I only use it for really precise movements.

I know. But with autopilot I can fly the same mission dozen of time with dozen of different camera angles so I can choose after what to have. The nice thing is that I can fly exatly the same flight of the previous one but with different camera angles etc. This is not possibile by hand you know.

One cool thing both with Autopilot or DJI GO would be the possibility to register a free flight and repeat it. They can do it for sure and would be very nice.

I know. But with autopilot I can fly the same mission dozen of time with dozen of different camera angles so I can choose after what to have. The nice thing is that I can fly exatly the same flight of the previous one but with different camera angles etc. This is not possibile by hand you know.

One cool thing both with Autopilot or DJI GO would be the possibility to register a free flight and repeat it. They can do it for sure and would be very nice.
Fully understood and appreciated. We all have our things we like to do. I kike to explore with full control but also fly both aitopilot and litchi when a location really apoeals to me, there are some takes which are hard to pull off manually. Im hoping AP will intriduce some litchi type wp options where panos can be automated. I will only need one application then.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic