Autonomous flight

Reaction score
Hello all, I currently have a F550 with many upgrades using the NAZA32 flight control with GPS. I have been trying to find out if the NAZA32 is capable of autonomous flight like the Phantoms and Mavics.

I did inquire with Dji and they told me I could upgrade to the A3, or N3 but I would still need the light bridge. I know this is not cost effective as I should buy a new drone.

I want to scale my F550 back to a 450 quad since I do not need this large air frame for a simple Zenmuse 3d gimbal and go pro.

I was planning on simply buying the F450 frame and transferring everything over, But it seems I will be missing the Autonomous function.

I have been looking at Litchi, and other flight planning software, it just seems I do not understand where this flight information is stored or used.

Thank you for your patience with my ignorance, also for any info you provide to update me on this subject.

Hi Mate
Cant answer first part of your question, but with regards to Litchi, the autonomous flight plan is uploaded to the Phantom or Mavic when the "Engage" command within the Litchi app is initialised, and if the setting within Litchi is programmed to continue mission upon loss of signal, you could turn your RC off and the flight would continue until the end of the mission, if you had RTH set as the instruction for the end of mission then the bird would return home.
Does That help any...?
Waylander

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj