automatic round cruise flying

Reaction score
Hi people.
Yesterday i saw an very interesting feature "automatic round cruise flying" in a new Walkera Hexa.
It is just this kind of function that i needed.... would PV2+ do this in some way ?
Needing to do a footage of a somthig big Church.
I did a ridiculous firt trying .... (new on all this) And thought that "automatic round cruise flying" would help a lot on doing a 360 flight around the building :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66WE_7gCQZo
TKS in advance for any advice : Juan

You could upgrade to a transmitter and receiver that has that functionality...but not with the stock tx.

OK, happydays & tmc6663 Thanks a lotfotr the info.
So... i need to train a lot more ... maybe in course lock doing curves... ?
One of the main problems is that this need to be done at nigh adding some degree of difficult... (too much variables for a beguiner... LOL)

I will start evaluating the hight of all obstacles at the area... (during the day) and them doing some simulations of mission in a open area... Who knows ...

Best regards : Juan

Meta4 & Mal_PV2_Ireland

Ok. TKS for the avdice.... Yep ! Very complicated, the guy had a lot of luck on this ..
It would be nice to have onboard some ultra-sound obstacle detecting device inter acting with controller..
As the technology goes on those days...
Best regards : Juan

Juan

I would recommend doing a daytime fly around of the subject, carefully noting the height that you are flying at. It takes a fair bit of practice to get a smooth turn. I find that very small stick movements help and keep the sticks at constant angle helps a lot. When you're happy with the action around the subject and are happy with the height and the fact that you don't lose signal when going behind it, repeat at night.

I would do a few camera tests first to get the best settings. I did my first night flight recently and absolutely crapped it. However it was fine when it was up there. The phantom doesn't know it's night time!

Show us the results!

after watching a vid on youtube ( not sure which one so no link ) it was talking about courselock and homelock in naza mode. in homelock it was referring to home point being the hub of a wheel and from where ever the phantom is it returns direct to home as if following a spoke in the wheel with the right stick positioned at bottom centre. in homelock if you position the right stick to right or left centre instead of down, would it fly around the home point at the current distance away as if following the rim of a wheel, or would it just carry on away from the home point in a straight line??

Yes, home mode is what you want -- it works great for doing circle strafes around an object.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj