Automated Circle with Perfect 10° Waypoints for Still Photos?

Reaction score
Hey All. Thank you in advance for all of your experienced info.

QUESTION: For still photography, is there a way to create a perfect circle of a specified radius in any app for the Phantom 3 Pro (Litchi Mission Hub, Kittyhawk, etc.) radiating out from a central point of interest, with automatic waypoints created every 10° of the circle? Allowing to set an altitude for the mission, or each waypoint, with the center of the camera frame remaining locked on a POI with a specific height above ground.
I would like to automate a 360° photo around a central point of interest.

THANK YOU!

See if this will work for you:

Help - Litchi

Thanks, @Flydawg . Appreciate the link.
I'm familiar with the orbit function and have used it for video. This is kind of a different animal with the stills. Trying to determine how to program accurate degree waypoints and have the mission automated.
Wondering if it's at all possible to program something. I got turned on to "The Great Circle" calculation, which is used for long distance navigation and measurement, but my flight radius from the POI might be 100' or less.

I'll look a little deeper to see if Orbit in Litchi can support stills and waypoints.

Thanks again.

You could try Orbit mode in Litchi, speed 3 minutes/rev. So 180 seconds devided by 36 pictures ( one every 10 degrees) means 1 picture every 5 seconds.
Go to camera settings, choose Capture Mode, Interval, and set the interval to 5 seconds.

Also sometimes the free program 'Garmin Basecamp' can be usefull.

Last edited:
Hangar's Autopilot will do it easily. You'd just set a center focus point and still shot at every 10 degrees in Orbit Center. You'd have to draw the circular route out first though, and then set the waypoints and sundry camera triggers. You can test fly the route and see if it works before you do the actual flight. I think they only use iOS though still.

Autopilot - Hangar

Reactions: Kristina Fowler
Hey. That's a good idea. I ended up doing a test with a platform called "Drone Harmony" that worked pretty well. Did an orbit and instructed the app to stop at each waypoint and capture a still.
Do you know if Litchi stops the aircraft to take a shot, or is it capturing while moving?

You could try Orbit mode in Litchi, speed 3 minutes/rev. So 180 seconds devided by 36 pictures ( one every 10 degrees) means 1 picture every 5 seconds.
Go to camera settings, choose Capture Mode, Interval, and set the interval to 5 seconds.

Also sometimes the free program 'Garmin Basecamp' can be usefull.

Hangar's Autopilot will do it easily. You'd just set a center focus point and still shot at every 10 degrees in Orbit Center. You'd have to draw the circular route out first though, and then set the waypoints and sundry camera triggers. You can test fly the route and see if it works before you do the actual flight. I think they only use iOS though still.

Autopilot - Hangar

I'll give autopilot a look, but since I use an android control device, might have to grab an iPad to check it out.
Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers