Autoland at 80%

Reaction score
Hi guys... Now... I don't have the KML file at hand just yet... (I'm still out at the moment)
But my P3A was flying at around 380 metres with 80% battery over the sea and it went to autoland... said something about max height can't be reached then said it will auto land.

Like I said guys I don't have the KML file to hand just yet but if it helps I do have the airdata log if you want to have a nose around in the mean time
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly welcomed.
Oh... for what it's worth I reinstalled the app and I was ask to update it and I refused. That's the flight it happened with. But then launched DJI GO again an hour later and was asked again to update the app (or terms and conditions) and I refused and it flew fine.

Anyway here is the share log from airdata

1540306891638.jpg

Also just noticed this too... about WIFI to reconnect !!! This is a P3A and my Wi-Fi is never turned on my phone (galaxy note 8)

Last edited:
Great now I can't copy the link. It paste then when it uploads it says "can't input media" hmmm...

Here is the link if anyone wants to type it in

Hi guys... Now... I don't have the KML file at hand just yet... (I'm still out at the moment)
But my P3A was flying at around 380 metres with 80% battery over the sea and it went to autoland... said something about max height can't be reached then said it will auto land.

Like I said guys I don't have the KML file to hand just yet but if it helps I do have the airdata log if you want to have a nose around in the mean time
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly welcomed.
Oh... for what it's worth I reinstalled the app and I was ask to update it and I refused. That's the flight it happened with. But then launched DJI GO again an hour later and was asked again to update the app (or terms and conditions) and I refused and it flew fine.

Anyway here is the share log from airdata

View attachment 104573

Also just noticed this too... about WIFI to reconnect !!! This is a P3A and my Wi-Fi is never turned on my phone (galaxy note 8)
Wow thats quite the flight log. And ya the wifi entry is very odd as the p3a would never use wifi. I've no idea what actually happened as I'm no expert in these matters but thats a very unusual flight.

Wow thats quite the flight log. And ya the wifi entry is very odd as the p3a would never use wifi. I've no idea what actually happened as I'm no expert in these matters but thats a very unusual flight.
Thanks for the feedback
Never seen anything like this before or even know anyone have anything like this before. But the second flight was flawless

The aircraft went in to RTH due to loss of signal. Then to autoland because you were too close to the home point for RTH.

Autoland.png

At 226.7 seconds the link was lost and the aircraft switched to RTH, as seen 12 seconds later when the link was re-acquired. It was lost again at 250 seconds, and when it was re-acquired at 265.5 seconds the aircraft was in autoland. The two possible reasons that I can think of for that are that it lost GPS or you gave it an autoland command. The former didn't happen - the satellite count stayed high and GPS health was 5 throughout. Are you sure that you didn't issue an autoland request?

state.png

state.png

In the 6th entry of his log above it suddenly shows a distance of over 2500 ft from the home point. Is that an error? And why the wifi message?

Reactions: Neon Euc
In the 6th entry of his log above it suddenly shows a distance of over 2500 ft from the home point
If you look at the graph posted above in post #8 the ~2500ft, was much earlier in the flight. It is not an error. I have no idea what the wi-fi message is. Irrelevant at best.

Reactions: Neon Euc and 3rdof5
Wow... flydawg and sar.... That's amazing guys and thanks to 3rdof5 for chipping in too. The explanation makes sense. As far as I'm aware I did cancel the RTH when signal was restored so I can take manual control. The distance at autolanding made sense as it was behind me when I noticed

Wow yes good read,pretty sure that's just the wifi link between ac and rc for live transmission feed,,,even though device wifi is off

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl