Auto takeoff

Reaction score
Hi all
Does anyone know why when using auto takeoff the bird on flys about 1' off the ground I have to quickly raise it more because I feel it's going to hit the deck??
I know I could just manual take off but stuff like this bugs me especially when it says it should hover at 1.2m

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: rene van der meer
I could be wrong but I think this has to do with how quickly you take off once the bird is ready to fly.

The home point and altitude are set as soon as the IMU is warmed up and Gps is locked (home point is location and altitude) .. But once everything has warned up for another minute or 2 and your Gps lock gets better, say 10 satellites at warmup to 15 after 3 mins, the ac precision gets better.

So my guess is that if you waited 5 mins and then set the home point manually it may actually take off a little higher due to the aircraft being able to better tell exactly where it is and its altitude.

If that makes any sense.
Also have you tried to take off with and without the VPS system on ?

Check your app height when it's hovering. The bird's barometer tends to drift as the bird warms up. It's very difficult for the Phantom to know exactly how high it is, that's why you're there!

Auto land and take-off are features designed to generate repairs and sales of new Phantoms. ;)

Yea makes sense will try giving it a bit longer before taking off and settings home point just before taking off

Yeah I would say it matters! That's VPS job essentially (to hold position / altitude at low level flight) so I would say it will def matter. I fly with mine off cause it's just one more thing to go awry (unless I'm flying indoors without Gps)

I think auto take off was included to help give it the 'everyone can fly it' moniker. I have never once used it. To the OP, don't use it. Take off and land in full control, always.

Its a phajtom feature, ive not heard of one proceeding to the specified height ever and never to the same height twice.

I have never used it though.

I'm new to all this but Auto takeoff seemed a bit daft to me. Get your drone ready and push up gently on the left stick, it's not exactly hard. I do use the RTH though, but will generally take over as it nears the ground.

I agree, just give it some up stick near full throttle and the back off when it gets up several feet and seems stable !
I agree. I like to be in control right from lift off. If something should happens. yo can react much faster. So I never use auto take off.
Besides that the feature should work 100%. I don't know whether there is an official minimum height, but mine take off to just above 1 m.
If it doesn't and it is in P-mode (green GPS) I would think there is something with the VPS system or the sensors (barometer, US)

Reactions: kphantom
I always take off manual. But I tried auto-takeoff and it goes to 1m or 1,2m like it should but then descends to about 0.5 meter or less.

I have used auto takeoff almost exclusively, and it has worked perfectly every time. It allows me to focus on camera settings and verify home point, sensors, etc, while monitoring the birds control characteristics. I for one enjoy the ease of lift off and hover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik