Auto landing triggered by "no fly zone"

Reaction score
Having been unaware of Gillete Stadium being a restricted area, I attempted to fly in the vicinity of stadium very early this morning figuring I could capture some nice photos/videos from 500ft up without doing a direct flyover. Within a few moments after takeoff, I received a warning of this "no fly zone", I hadn't cached a map before flying however, it was very apparent by the red circle now showing in the app. Although I was still a distance from entering the so called "red zone" I noticed my P3P descending and was unable to take back control with sticks. I eventually turned around my Phantom with it now pointing away from "no fly" zone and was able to safely bring it back.

Interesting, don't think I'd try Gillette for obvious reasons and the airports (Norwood and Mansfield) in the area.

I'm also looking for good oportunities to try with the P3. I'm tempted to try a nighttime flight over Lasalette Shrine in Attleboro to see the Christmas lights. About a mile distance from my house (as the crow flies).

If you like night flights, the lake in Sharon is great although not much to see other than the flashing lights from Phantom. A little to windy today however, I'll be out there tomorrow night.

I've never had any problem when i fly my home range which is technically 1 mile into( 4 miles away from) a airport which on hover app is a NFZ. Without giving too much away of yourself has anybody else had this problem in a no-fly zone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4