Auto exposure- doesn't work P3Pro

Reaction score
I've asked this before and got no response so I'm trying again. When I lock the auto exposure icon on my P3Pro it stays locked for a few seconds then unlocks on its own. Can I be the only Phantom 3 doing this???
Very annoying

Set the camera to manual mode and use the wheel to adjust TV. Your zebras and histogram will be very helpful here.
yes I know how to operate manually- my question is why won't the autoexposure remain locked on auto when I want it to

I offered a work around. I didn't make the assumption you already knew about it. I have been flying this way for 18mths or more as the AE lock in auto wasn't working as expected for me either.

gotcha- yea thats what I'm doing too, however it seems odd no one else is having this issue. Its hard to get perfect congruent exposure in a video when you need to adjust continually( I fly in and out of dense bush). Thanks you're the only response to 3 posts on this problem. Guess I'll email DJI

gotcha- yea thats what I'm doing too, however it seems odd no one else is having this issue. Its hard to get perfect congruent exposure in a video when you need to adjust continually( I fly in and out of dense bush). Thanks you're the only response to 3 posts on this problem. Guess I'll email DJI
I take an average in what compromise I'm prepared to live with and it's working for me pretty well. I set my exposure for the brightest part of the scene in my proposed take. This morning it was directly towards the horizon where the sun was about to rise so I set the exposure to maintain the detail in the sky I wanted (in my experience blown highlights tend to be more objectionable to some detail lost in the shadows). I then fhe while take on those settings. I like the results this way, it's more natural and closer to how it looks on location with the naked eye and adds drama. As long as the highlights aren't blown you can drag a lot of detail out of the dark areas in post if needed.

Reactions: matti
I take an average in what compromise I'm prepared to live with and it's working for me pretty well. I set my exposure for the brightest part of the scene in my proposed take. This morning it was directly towards the horizon where the sun was about to rise so I set the exposure to maintain the detail in the sky I wanted (in my experience blown highlights tend to be more objectionable to some detail lost in the shadows). I then fhe while take on those settings. I like the results this way, it's more natural and closer to how it looks on location with the naked eye and adds drama. As long as the highlights aren't blown you can drag a lot of detail out of the dark areas in post if needed.
Funny mine worked until I updated my firmware so I know its a bug

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj