Auto Correct?

Reaction score
I read posts on here all the time. Does this site auto correct text or are the ones posting that bad at spelling and constructing a simple sentence. I find it hard to use advice from anyone that doesn't seem to have gone past the 6th grade. Even if auto correct happens....do you not bother to view your post before posting?

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
Some folks don't use English as their main language is the main reason for poorly constructed sentences

But hey I'm with you on some of the mad posts that occasionally appear yikes

I can usually spot if the post was made from someone from another country, But when they are in this country and do such a poor job...I am not going to spend much time trying to understand. Are these dumb or lazy people actually giving advise to others?

I can usually spot if the post was made from someone from another country, But when they are in this country and do such a poor job...I am not going to spend much time trying to understand. Are these dumb or lazy people actually giving advise to others?
I just don't think they take the time to proofread before giving advice .

I don't do everything perfect but at least I try to make sure my posts are correct. I think I misspelled advice incorrectly. If one doesn't bother to at least make their spelling correct, how much attention did they give to the info they provide. I'm not trying to stat a war but this is very annoying at times. .

I don't do everything perfect but at least I try to make sure my posts are correct. I think I misspelled advice incorrectly. If one doesn't bother to at least make their spelling correct, how much attention did they give to the info they provide. I'm not trying to stat a war but this is very annoying at times. .
I really do agree with you and was just picking at ya :)
I have and you have too been here long enough to just accept that .
I don't take advice from one but from what I see said more than once .
You know all this though :)

Reactions: Monte55
I really do agree with you and was just picking at ya :)
I have and you have too been here long enough to just accept that .
I don't take advice from one but from what I see said more than once .
You know all this though :)
If I can read it somehow...ok. But some of these posts are so hard to understand, I just give up.

Reactions: dirkclod
I think many of the ill-formed posts and poor spelling is a result of language differences for those whose first language is not English, or even American English. :rolleyes: I was educated in English, but with a Welsh father and a French mother I'm able to speak in all three, but I can only write with ease in English.

However, there are some posters who appear to have difficulty in writing in their own and only language, but that may be due to a lack of education which was not of their making. The opportunity to learn is not granted to everyone equally, unfortunately.

BTW, "autocorrect" is one word. :)

I work in the professional world and I am sometimes shocked at the the general disregard for spelling & punctuation. I received a message from a lawyer last week where he used 'u' for 'you' and other 'text' grammar oddities. That is totally unprofessional to me and I don't expect this from a professional in a workplace setting. I guess I don't deal well with cultural changes. They don't even teach cursive writing in school anymore... ever see the 2006 movie 'Idiocracy'? This is where were heading people. Idiocracy (2006) - IMDb

I think many of the ill-formed posts and poor spelling is a result of language differences for those whose first language is not English, or even American English. :rolleyes: I was educated in English, but with a Welsh father and a French mother I'm able to speak in all three, but I can only write with ease in English.

However, there are some posters who appear to have difficulty in writing in their own and only language, but that may be due to a lack of education which was not of their making. The opportunity to learn is not granted to everyone equally, unfortunately.

BTW, "autocorrect" is one word. :)
I hear ya and understand everything you said without problems. BTW. I just changed auto correct to two words. It seems we can do that now.

If you misspell advice incorrectly, does it mean one spelled it correctly?

I am used to it as I deal with people of all languages and countries, although English is the language of flight.

My English, Spanish, French, Vietnamese and Japanese suck on my best day.

I did however turn A/C off on my new IPad after seeing some syntax on here.

I am used to it as I deal with people of all languages and countries, although English is the language of flight.

My English, Spanish, French, Vietnamese and Japanese suck on my best day.

I did however turn A/C off on my new IPad after seeing some syntax on here.
No, it does not. I was going for my meds.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20