Auto Battery Discharge

Reaction score
Alright, quick question. I know for sure on the Phantom 3, that the batteries discharge automatically, but my question is, do they also on the Phantom 2?

I'm in a rather sticky situation right now, I stored my batteries at 100% for a couple months and I think I ruined them, but I'm just wondering why they wouldn't have automatically discharged? I bought the craft off of eBay, and I'm wondering if the guy who owned it before me could have possibly turned the feature off? I can't find auto discharge settings anywhere in the assistant software though. Is it a P3 only feature?

Thanks!

As far as I know, they don't have an automatic discharge. What kind of issues are you having with them?

Alright, quick question. I know for sure on the Phantom 3, that the batteries discharge automatically, but my question is, do they also on the Phantom 2?

I'm in a rather sticky situation right now, I stored my batteries at 100% for a couple months and I think I ruined them, but I'm just wondering why they wouldn't have automatically discharged? I bought the craft off of eBay, and I'm wondering if the guy who owned it before me could have possibly turned the feature off? I can't find auto discharge settings anywhere in the assistant software though. Is it a P3 only feature?

Thanks!

They were supposed to auto discharge. But leave it to DJI and that feature no longer exist on the Phantom 2 line.

As far as I know, they don't have an automatic discharge. What kind of issues are you having with them?

Well, thanks for the info. My problem is when I run the props as high speed (ascending quickly) the battery will begin to drain quickly and after just a couple minutes it will be dead. After talking to DJI, and people on other boards, I'm convinced they're dead.

They were supposed to auto discharge. But leave it to DJI and that feature no longer exist on the Phantom 2 line.

WOW. #ThanksFrankWang

Well, thanks for the info. My problem is when I run the props as high speed (ascending quickly) the battery will begin to drain quickly and after just a couple minutes it will be dead. After talking to DJI, and people on other boards, I'm convinced they're dead.

WOW. #ThanksFrankWang

Most battery problems are caused by storing batteries fully charged for long periods of time and it doesn't any difference who the manufacture is.

Most battery problems are caused by storing batteries fully charged for long periods of time and it doesn't any difference who the manufacture is.

Right I know. I was just saying that it was DJI's fault that they removed the auto-discharge feature from the Phantom 2 batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4