Authorization Zone

Reaction score
Hello all,

Sorry i am new to this forum.

I have just got a Phantom 2 Vision + from a friend who recently upgraded.

I live in an area which is a yellow ring or authorised zone. When i try to fly the drone is blinking red and the screen shows no fly.

Is there a way of clearing this zones.??I use DJI vision for iphone app.

I looked on DJI webpage and there is a way to do this on their webpage but on the list of select model dropdown it doesn’t show PH2.

I have also tried and downloaded DJI go but again nothing for PH2 model.

Is there anyway of getting this yellow zones unlocked for good?

Many thanks!

you can do it through the app on the spot, you wont have to go to the website. This will eliminate you having to select drone from the list.

you can do it through the app on the spot, you wont have to go to the website. This will eliminate you having to select drone from the list.

Hello JxBx80, thanks for your reply. With which app though? I have DJI Vision app for iPhone and you cant do it through this app. Downloaded DJI Go app for iPhone but you cant select the Phantom Vision Plus, so it doesn’t work either! I am struggling as my back garden is an Authorised Zone (yellow zone) on Geo Zones.
There is an app called Flight Plan For DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ which cost £8.99 on the app store but don’t know if it is worth buying? Maybe it doesn’t use the same Maps from DJI with all the zones? Cant find Litchi app for this App either!
Very confused on this! Any help is great. Thank you.

I don't think that model is supported with the DJI Geo system.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Which DJI aircraft use GEO System?
All current DJI aircraft use GEO System. Certain older DJI products added GEO System with firmware and DJI GO updates. GEO System is works with the Phantom 3 series, Phantom 4 series, Inspire 1 series, Inspire 2, M100, M200 series, M600 series, Mavic Pro series, and Spark. More products will use GEO System in the future.

Thanks barefootbeachcombing,
Maybe an app that doesn’t use the same apps? Any idea?
The Phantom 2 Vision Plus has Geo Zones and no way of getting approval to fly on them as it is not supported.
I am sure they must of left a few people out with this decision which is unfair as you still own a DJI with this function .
I would like to get rid of these Geo Zones as it is a problem. Thanks

Have you tried turning of the Geo system in the DJI Vision app? It's been a long time since I used that app, but I seem to remember that being an option ... maybe?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj