Austrian holiday

Reaction score
Evening all got a phantom 3 and have a family holiday booked to Austria and had thought about taking the phantom with me, been looking online and from what I can find you can't fly one over there and shoot video without a licence, is this true?

Many thanks

As far as I can tell from the internet, and what another friend told me, it is in fact like that. You need a license which is quite expensive and there are a lot of regulations.
I find it ridiculous how some countries regulate drones beyond logic. It is like you are feeling like a criminal using a drone sometimes watching out for the police or somebody complaining or something... There should be like an international law, everyone approves a basic course to have a basic license to fly and then just let us fly without further concerns, the drone has the no fly zones well defined and that should be it!

We go next Wednesday and not sure if I should bother taking the phantom really, we will probably be crossing over to Germany during the holiday at some point and it seems ok to fly there but we will mostly be in austria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20