Australian Road Trip

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'd like to share a video I made from a week long road trip in Australia. Not all drone footage but the aerial stuff is on my Phantom 2 with H3-3D. I shot in 2.7k, protune, 30fps, medium, with a polar pro ND filter for all but one shot. The one shot that didn't have the filter, the sunset over Katherine Gorge, has some jello going on so after that I never took the filter off. No earth shattering shots, just some cool scenery. Unfortunately I missed a few good things because there is simply nowhere to pull over on the road safely, and on a couple days it was crazy stupid windy. In fact in some of the shots you can see the trees getting whipped pretty good. To be honest I'm amazed I got through a week (maybe 40+ flights) without having an major incidents. I had a couple brackets break on my FPV monitor, a couple early auto lands right after launch (thank god it was right away), and I fried my 110v Futaba charger in the 240v socket over there.

Anyway, comments/critques welcome: https://vimeo.com/106651557

[vimeo]106651557[/vimeo]

Edited with FCPX. My favorite shot is at 6:07

James

Embedded video doesn't appear on iPad. Suggest adding a link to the video if you want everyone to see your video.

I really enjoyed your video. The viewer gets to see places that they may never get to see in person. Great job !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik