Audio p3p4k

Reaction score
Stupid question but I have searched the forum looking for how to get live audio while flying. Can't find it so it must be obvious but I don't know

Why would you need a mic? All you would get is prop noise :yum:;)

Also, do you have a P3P or a P34K? The thread title says 'P3P4K' which is a hybrid of two model names!

I don't want it I just watching some videos on you tube and they had audio. I was just curious. Trying to learn all I can

All you would hear is the buzzing propellers. Music is nice, and another member uses a small ground based recorder to add local background sounds to his production.

There are no audio features with DJI Products except for the OSMO. Also, plug in mic for the DJI ronin. The exception is with older Gopro Phantom versions such as the Phantom 2 H3 or H4 model. GoPro Cams Record Audio during flight.

Last edited:
lol just checking b/c pro vs 4k is an ongoing problem with some people who need support.

heres an mp3 of prop noise lol. this is what it would sound like everytime. if you really want the prop noise and wind sounds, then just add this mp3 to your videos...

Dropbox - prop.mp3

OK I get it guys. I just didn't know if there was a mic feature on my p3p that I did not know about I'm a new be. And thanks for the clarification of the model. Know I get it.

So how do they do that?
Those videos you see on YouTube are likely using a Yuneec or Blade drones, using their CGO camera line. Yuneec Q500 CGO2 and CGO3 cameras have a mic that's integrated. That's because the camera is removable from the drone to be used with a provided SteadyGrip for land based video steady recording, where sound can actually be useful. The Phantom doesn't facilitate removing the camera for a handheld grip. DJI instead released their OSMO, which has way better capabilities than the Yuneec land based video solution, however the mic in the OSMO is poor, so poor you have to use an external mic.

Nope I was wrong. Just went. back to you tube and it was a phantom 2. Well I just learned a lot from you guys again. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic