Attitude indicator

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if someone might have the answer to this.
On my Phantom 4 Pro attitude indicator, at times the needle spins. Is this something I can fix, reset, or not even worry about...?

Could be, I was told it was the small radar looking indicator.
Can anyone clarify?

I was told it was the small radar looking indicator.
If what you refer to looks like this. That is the attitude and directional indicator. Which one is spinning??

horizon-300x290.jpg

yup, thats it... the red arrow spins from time to time on mine. curious if anyone knows why

the red arrow spins from time to time on mine. curious if anyone knows why
Does it do this in flight? Or when on the ground? Or Both?

I assume it means you're doing 360s with your drone. That'll make that little red arrow spin.

I assume it means you're doing 360s with your drone.
I thought the same, but gave the OP a little leeway. If this is happening on the ground, it could be an issue.

Reactions: Capt KO
Reactions: Nightwolf
it does it in both... but when flying makes me concerned.
It is normal for it to turn with the aircraft heading direction, when you use the left stick, but this should never occur on the ground. Also, does in spin really fast? Or is it a slow rotation while on the ground.

yes, it is an uncontrolled spin even though the drone is flying still.
Hmmm...That's a new one. Does the attitude change at all or is it only the heading that is spinning. I am assuming this was while you were hovering still.

yes, while hovering, no change in the attitiude... just the spinning of the red arrow.

just the spinning of the red arrow.
Ok, the first thing to try is to isolate this from the aircraft and device. It is likely that it is an anomaly within the app or the device itself. To make sure that it is not recieving erroneous information from the aircraft, I suggest you upload the flight data from your device from when this occurred in flight. That way we can check the yaw values, although I suspect they will be normal. Locate your .txt file from one of these flights and upload it to the link below ( Instructions are on the link ). If this shows normal yaw values then that would indicate a device issue and not the aircraft. When you upload the data, place a link back here to that and we can check it for you. Or, if you have an Airdata or similar account you can share that here.

Log Viewer

went to grab a screen video however it seems to be working now. Will update this thread as soon as it happens again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl