Atti's mode is always. Compass error appears after 20 seconds.

Reaction score
Hi guys. There is no strength to endure this problem. I'm tired. After a long trip in the car, this problem appeared. How to fix it fast? Give in for repair? Or can I change something myself?

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
How to fix it fast?
There may not be a fast and easy fix for this. We would need to see the flight log that exhibits the issue first and then go from there. It could be that your compass has become magnetized. In that instance you would need to degauss it. If you have a .txt log that exhibits the issue you can directly upload that here or use the link below and upload it there. These files will not work if the error shows up before starting the motors. Log Viewer In that instance we would need the aircraft .dat log. Upload instructions are on the link. If you use that, place a link back here to the uploaded file.

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@Milaaa,
Welcome to the Forum!

Fix it fast?
Maybe, maybe not. ;)

Long trip in the car does sound like the compass has been magnetized.
This has came up before...., but not a lot.

We are going to need some more information from you. ;)

How long ago did it work and how long was it in the car?

Maybe, where it was stored in the car?

As @Fly Dawg requested, the data can tell us the most.

Rod

Reaction score
There may not be a fast and easy fix for this. We would need to see the flight log that exhibits the issue first and then go from there. It could be that your compass has become magnetized. In that instance you would need to degauss it. If you have a .txt log that exhibits the issue you can directly upload that here or use the link below and upload it there. These files will not work if the error shows up before starting the motors. Log Viewer In that instance we would need the aircraft .dat log. Upload instructions are on the link. If you use that, place a link back here to the uploaded file.
The error appears immediately upon startup. (before take-off). How and where to demagnetize? Maybe it will help

Reaction score
@Milaaa,
Welcome to the Forum!

Fix it fast?
Maybe, maybe not. ;)

Long trip in the car does sound like the compass has been magnetized.
This has came up before...., but not a lot.

We are going to need some more information from you. ;)

How long ago did it work and how long was it in the car?

Maybe, where it was stored in the car?

As @Fly Dawg requested, the data can tell us the most.

Rod
About a week we traveled by car. The drone was stored in the trunk. Sometimes the drone was stored in the cabin. The drone spent 1 night in a tent in the forest.

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
The drone was stored in the trunk.
Can we assume that a proper compass calibration did not fix the issue? If the aircraft was any where near the car speakers, that would be the reason, since they contain large magnets. It could also be related to your takeoff point. You should not take off any where close to any metallic objects. If the issue persists after a calibration away from anything metallic, and a takeoff spot also away from anything metallic, then that would confirm the magnetism effect. In that instance I would suggest a degauss with a device called C-Fixer. See this link: Degausser

Reactions: Milaaa

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@Milaaa,

If you have done what @Fly Dawg has suggested and still got issues, It sounds a lot like most of the posts.

Here are some threads about C-Fixer

If you locate the section in the app, in the IMU calibration area, not sure on a P4's you can view your compass data, I assume if you got numbers then the compass is functioning.

If there are all zeroes then the compass is not repairable or disconnected?
If I'm incorrect on the last sentence somebody chime in....

Rod

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hum, two compass's on a P4.. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Milaaa
Reaction score
Can we assume that a proper compass calibration did not fix the issue? If the aircraft was any where near the car speakers, that would be the reason, since they contain large magnets. It could also be related to your takeoff point. You should not take off any where close to any metallic objects. If the issue persists after a calibration away from anything metallic, and a takeoff spot also away from anything metallic, then that would confirm the magnetism effect. In that instance I would suggest a degauss with a device called C-Fixer. See this link: Degausser
Calibration does not help. Thanks for the tips. I ordered this device with express delivery. I'm waiting, I will write if this helps me. Thank you

Reactions: RodPad
Reaction score
@Milaaa,

If you have done what @Fly Dawg has suggested and still got issues, It sounds a lot like most of the posts.

Here are some threads about C-Fixer

If you locate the section in the app, in the IMU calibration area, not sure on a P4's you can view your compass data, I assume if you got numbers then the compass is functioning.

If there are all zeroes then the compass is not repairable or disconnected?
If I'm incorrect on the last sentence somebody chime in....

Rod
thank. studying these posts. I ordered the device. I’m waiting

Compasses in the red zone. Calibration doesn't help

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Yeah, let us know!

Rod

Reaction score
Hum, two compass's on a P4.. ;)

Rod
Hey. I got a package with my device. It helped fix my problem. That's cool. Thanks for the advice.
aYhBwVim8nU.jpg

RodPad

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Thanks, so many never share there results.

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX Baron