Atti Mode

Reaction score
I fly helis in a sports hall once a week, I have now got a Phantom CF40 and would like to try it out indoors. Am I right in thinking if I use Atti mode it does not us GPS and is just under my control. So if I am not in GPS mode I cannot lose signal so no fly home hight issues.

When in ATTI mode, your Phantom still has access to GPS. It just does not use GPS to reposition your Phantom.

So if I am not in GPS mode I cannot lose signal so no fly home hight issues.
You can still lose the remote controller signal. If that happens and your Phantom is connected to 6+ satellites, it will fly home.

Reactions: 750r
Welcome to the forum .
Atti just drops GPS (will not hold position) she will drift . If you fly helis and want 100% control use manual mode you to set it up in the assistant software .

Welcome to the forum .
Atti just drops GPS (will not hold position) she will drift . If you fly helis and want 100% control use manual mode you to set it up in the assistant software .

Somewhat conflicting responses here. Can y'all clarify? I thought it still uses GPS and will still hover if you let go of sticks. Is this inaccurate? If so, RTH could still be functional, right?

Yes it will still hover and hold its height.... but it does not use GPS for that anyway.

It will not hold its X,Y position above the ground reliably, so you need to to control it 100% of the time to stop it floating into things/people.

Last edited:
If you are in a sports hall and are flying in ATTI mode.. there is no position hold in ATTI mode. If the hall has a fibre glass roof you may still have GPS reception, so if you lose control signal the Phantom will start the RTH procedure by climbing up etc.. even in ATTI mode.
If you do not have a GPS signal it will stay in ATTI mode and drift around without control eventually hitting something or landing when it runs out of power.

The key here is GPS reception - with reception you get RTH and GPS positioning.

It will hold it's height in ATTI mode.. not it's position. Be wary very close to the ground - ground affect can cause it's height to fluctuate.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what a Phantom CF40 is, but doesn't the Phantom 3 sonar and positioning camera keep the craft from drifting indoors up to 15ft high? Is ATTI the right mode for that?
Sorry, I'm a newbie to P3, migrating from the Q500+

I'm not sure what a Phantom CF40 is, but doesn't the Phantom 3 sonar and positioning camera keep the craft from drifting indoors up to 15ft high? Is ATTI the right mode for that?
Sorry, I'm a newbie to P3, migrating from the Q500+
He meant phantom FC40. It's an older model build on the first gen phantom platform. It doesn't have and sonar or vision positioning and would drift a bit indoors in ATTI mode. I've got one in addition to P3 and its like night and day different.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj