ATTI-mode indoors?

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm helping recording a music video tomorrow.
It's indoors in a big empty warehouse.

My question. Does the phantom 2 vision + have altitude lock enabled without any GPS satellites?
I'm going to fly in ATTI-mode .

ATTI outdoors is the same as indoors.
Does it stay on the same altitude then ?
When moving it doesn't !

Cloudconnect said:
Hi!

I'm helping recording a music video tomorrow.
It's indoors in a big empty warehouse.

My question. Does the phantom 2 vision + have altitude lock enabled without any GPS satellites?
I'm going to fly in ATTI-mode .

Just remember if you give it up throttle in atti then release, whatever inertia it has will continue to carry it up until it reaches equilibrium again. Indoors you have to give counter down throttle to make it go up in small steps. Once stabilized it will maintain that position (with no wind, HVAC generated or otherwise). Also remember if you change its attitude (pitch or roll) and move, same thing, its own inertia will carry it. Also remember it will lose altitude when angled and moving.

So to answer your question, it will maintain altitude, with no stick input and no external movement vectors, in atti mode as long as you have it in a stable position.

Hope this helps.

I have flown indoors with a 6 axis gyro quad. Damaged it within 15 minutes. It was toy though - the phantom isn't

The phantom does NOT use GPS altitude readings in ATTI mode.
It uses the barometric readings on the IMU/NAZA
It is essentially manual mode with controlled height.
If you push her, she will move with that inertia.
If there is a window open, with a breeze, she will move.
You need to remain on the sticks at all times and move her like you walking in a mine field.
Also, get some prop guards!! I don't care what people say about VRS - when you're indoors and in confined spaces

If flying in doors, in ATTI mode and you have a Tx failure, won't the Phantom try and go to it's last known home point? I thought that if flying outdoors in ATTI mode and for some reason the bird looses the transmitter, it takes off towards home, right? If that is the case, and your home point isn't set for in doors, you could have issues. First it is going to shoot up 60 ft or so then try and fly home. Not sure you want that to happen in a confined warehouse with people milling around.

Beaugolfs said:
If flying in doors, in ATTI mode and you have a Tx failure, won't the Phantom try and go to it's last known home point? I thought that if flying outdoors in ATTI mode and for some reason the bird looses the transmitter, it takes off towards home, right? If that is the case, and your home point isn't set for in doors, you could have issues. First it is going to shoot up 60 ft or so then try and fly home. Not sure you want that to happen in a confined warehouse with people milling around.

Nope. ATTI doesn't use sats. Autoland at the current point.
If sats are found > 6, then it will lock that point indoors as the home POS.
Just make sure you leave the s1 in ATTI mode indoors.

Hypothetical flyaways - lets you fly with GPS. It drop sats to <6 half way through RTH. I can only assume it will autoland at that current position.

In Atti mode there is no GPS, therefore no Home to go back to. In Atti mode it will not return to home if you turn the TX off, or for any other reason. It will "hover" until the battery dies.
Hover is in quotes because it has no idea if it's moving. It will drift. All it does is try to keep itself level. (Attitude but not position)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers