ATTI Flying Techniques & Tips

Reaction score
I see plenty of people saying it flies smoother and you get better video, I can't seem to locate any practical advice or videos. Anyone have some pointers?

Seahorse said:
I see plenty of people saying it flies smoother and you get better video, I can't seem to locate any practical advice or videos. Anyone have some pointers?

Use the wind.

Identify which way the wind is blowing by turning ATTI on. Then position the phantom so that it blows either toward, across, away from your target etc.

Whilst in GPS Mode turn the camera to face the direction you want and set the tilt. Then start recording and activate ATTI mode. The wind will drift your camera past the subject without the GPS wobblies. Switch back to gps to end the film run. Rinse and repeat.

Just to add that slow pans (yaw) whilst "drifting" in atti work well, too.

Watch out for the wind - the Vision can start to move quite quickly, especially if there's a bit of a wind gradient between surface and at height, or if you're controlling from a relatively sheltered spot.

In very light or nil wind conditions you can use atti mode to set your direction and speed then just let go of the sticks and the momentum will make it continue to slide along the track you're on, but with a level horizon - quite quickly if you want it to, as well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.