ATTENTION! DJI GO 3.1.0 Buggy Firmware!

Reaction score
Attention! I was having issues with the maps with the november 18th firmware update! I advise not updating from 3.0.1 I updated trialed all errors necessary to rule everything out and even gave up on it. A buddy of mine bought a Mavic Pro updated his firmware to have the same issue. So i said its a dji go issue and so i deleted it from my phone and disabled google play auto updates completely and then went online and downloaded the Apk file for the older version prior too here is the link if you are having the same issues.

Link to DJI GO Software Version 3.0.1. -
P.S. Will work with Mavic Pro may or may not take away some functionalities to other things but for map toggling to your UAV it fixes the issue. I have the phantom 4 so i am unsure..

http://www.apkmirror.com/wp-content/themes/APKMirror/download.php?id=133750

I so much wish i never updated.
Now even when downgraded, it still doesn't work with my s5 and tab pro... devices it used to work with

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

The same here. What could be the solution for Android users?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I so much wish i never updated.
Now even when downgraded, it still doesn't work with my s5 and tab pro... devices it used to work with

You need to not only uninstall DJI GO and install the downgraded version of it and make sure that you delete all files completely from your device manually. Go onto your files and find Pilot.dji folder and remove then install dji go firmware 3.0.1.

The same here. What could be the solution for Android users?

I am a android user. You just need to remove the left over files after uninstalling dji go 3.1.0. Then install the older version 3.0.1. make sure all files are removed by going to your files and finding Pilot.dji folder just remove this completely. Dont worry your information is still on your account when you log into your dji.

Firmware is loaded into the Phantom and batteries. DJI Go is an app that is loaded onto a display device such as a phone. Two different things. So it appears that the firmware is fine and you are stating that there is an issue with the app. I say this as there is a _big_ difference.

What issue are you having with the maps? By mentioning this, other people can see if they have the same issue. If they don't, they can update of keep that version of the Go app. If this is an issue with the lower resolution, it's a known issue and simply on that DJI is not using another vendor for their maps and the images are crap.

Reactions: Pharm and Digdat0
That means that in case of owning two devises, both should running the same version under the same OS?! It is not possible having an android and an IOS? And if someone has two android for example (a tablet and a phone) both should have the same version installed?

here ya go, made a video how to :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't have apple computer, the iPad is only Apple product I own. I just have standard laptop with Windows, can it still be done?

I don't have apple computer, the iPad is only Apple product I own. I just have standard laptop with Windows, can it still be done?
heck yes! I am on windows 10, my guide in that video is all windows. Basically, you download a program called Charles Proxy and then download via iTunes, it forces itunes to download the older version.

Reactions: Fishie
That means that in case of owning two devises, both should running the same version under the same OS?! It is not possible having an android and an IOS? And if someone has two android for example (a tablet and a phone) both should have the same version installed?

I have 3 iOS devices (iPhone 6PLUS iOS 9.3.2 DJI GO App Ver 3.1.0 - iPad Mini4 iOS 10.1 DJI Go App Ver 2.8.7 & iPhone 7PLUS iOS 10.1.1 DJI GO App Ver 3.0.0) and use all of the devices to fly my P3P & P4 , no problems. Everything works the way it is supposed.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Is there a way that one of the smart guys of this forum can create a servers to store each firmware and Go app that's released for Android and iOS? I suppose the RC firmware would be the most difficult to figure out, since it's a straight download and execution of a file from DJI. There's no way to capture a file for that, right? Wouldn't be great if we could figure this out so we can "GO BACK" to where ever we want to GO? We could use the domain "www.djigoback.com" and likely make some money too.

I am a android user. You just need to remove the left over files after uninstalling dji go 3.1.0. Then install the older version 3.0.1. make sure all files are removed by going to your files and finding Pilot.dji folder just remove this completely. Dont worry your information is still on your account when you log into your dji.
Did this now. Didnt help. I think usb ports got damaged.

Is there a way that one of the smart guys of this forum can create a servers to store each firmware and Go app that's released for Android and iOS? I suppose the RC firmware would be the most difficult to figure out, since it's a straight download and execution of a file from DJI. There's no way to capture a file for that, right? Wouldn't be great if we could figure this out so we can "GO BACK" to where ever we want to GO? We could use the domain "www.djigoback.com" and likely make some money too.

for Android, this can be done .. the APK files can be downloaded and then installed without issue with the right setting in Android. But, there are sites which already do this (apkpure.com), so not sure we would wanna re-create it? Checkout DJI GO APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com and see if it doesnt meet your needs? We could totally host it, just not sure we need to.

On iOS, you cannot download and store the IPA files and re-install them due to how Apple does their trust certificates. Instead, you have to force iTunes to re-download the proper (old) file. I found an easy way, which is linked in my youtube video above. (Seriously, not trying to get hits on my video, I struggled to find a way and was excited once i found it and created this how-to).

Reactions: Fishie
I have 3 iOS devices (iPhone 6PLUS iOS 9.3.2 DJI GO App Ver 3.1.0 - iPad Mini4 iOS 10.1 DJI Go App Ver 2.8.7 & iPhone 7PLUS iOS 10.1.1 DJI GO App Ver 3.0.0) and use all of the devices to fly my P3P & P4 , no problems. Everything works the way it is supposed.
Why you have different versions on every single device?

Does the map follow work on the device running 3.1.0?

I tested all the versions one by one back to 2.8.2. None of them worked neither on my S7 edge (successive reboots) nor on my TAB S2 (no connection). Black Friday... It's time for iPad mini 4....

Why you have different versions on every single device?

I used to be the kind of guy that I always kept everything updated until I started reading in this forum about people having problems with DJI GO App. So I decided not to update the iPad Mini4 running DJI Go App 2.87.
Then I got the iPhone 6PLUS and had to install DJI GO App, at the time of installation DJI Go App ver 3.1.0 was the only version available at the App store, did not want to go thru all of the trouble of trying to install 2.8.7.
My iPhone 6S broke and had to get a new one and went with the iPhone 7PLUS so that i can use it also for droning. When I was setting the phone I restored the backup I had from the iPhone 6S which had DJI Go App 3.0.0 .
All in all DJI GO App 3.1.0 seems to be stable for me. The recommendation is to update DJI GO App in all of the devices but I am hesitant and probably wait until I see in this forum the update probes to be otherwise inconsequential.

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic