Attack Drone

Not too shabby haha, pretty neat. Had me fooled for a sec till it started to fly. Probably something very real to it hidden away in some skunkworks shop in Nevada though :cool:

Please don't promote this type of stuff. Unfortunately videos like this, fake or not, are going to cause heavy regulation to our hobby.

LuvMyTJ said:
Please don't promote this type of stuff. Unfortunately videos like this, fake or not, are going to cause heavy regulation to our hobby.

I almost feel this is a "head-in-the-sand" way of thinking. The hobby is going to be regulated, it is in the process of being regulated, there are(is) a court case (perhaps precedent setting) in the works, local, state and federal agencies have begun serious discussions of how to regulate model aircraft. These potential regulators are not unimaginative dolts, they watch the news of military drone strikes, they watch TV and see drones in fictionalized sci-fi episodic TV shows, they have children of their own who may fly, if not flying themselves. The conservative AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) is working with the FAA and rules and regulations will result from that association; if not the final rules, a sturdy foundation upon which final regulations will be promulgated.

The future is now, it's already too late to worry about gun toting multi-rotor model aircraft videos on YouTube. Your aircraft will be licensed, you will be licensed, your hobby will be regulated and yet another government agency (or sub-agency of FAA) will be formed and responsible for administration of those license.

Should that gun toting quad video go viral....I think not, but then I didn't think the video of a GoPro falling from a plane and being found in a hog lot would go viral either....
:(

Buk said:
LuvMyTJ said:

I almost feel this is a "head-in-the-sand" way of thinking. The hobby is going to be regulated, it is in the process of being regulated, there are(is) a court case (perhaps precedent setting) in the works, local, state and federal agencies have begun serious discussions of how to regulate model aircraft. These potential regulators are not unimaginative dolts, they watch the news of military drone strikes, they watch TV and see drones in fictionalized sci-fi episodic TV shows, they have children of their own who may fly, if not flying themselves. The conservative AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) is working with the FAA and rules and regulations will result from that association; if not the final rules, a sturdy foundation upon which final regulations will be promulgated.

The future is now, it's already too late to worry about gun toting multi-rotor model aircraft videos on YouTube. Your aircraft will be licensed, you will be licensed, your hobby will be regulated and yet another government agency (or sub-agency of FAA) will be formed and responsible for administration of those license.

Should that gun toting quad video go viral....I think not, but then I didn't think the video of a GoPro falling from a plane and being found in a hog lot would go viral either....
:(

Agree. There has always been a small percentage of *** wipes that lack common sense and whether we like it or not bad guys are going to try to do bad things with this technology in the future (and hey don't need a youtube video to figure it out). Hopefully there are smart people that can limit these bad guys but still provide the rest of us with practical, common sense regulation so we can enjoy our hobby. You are absolutely correct…regulation is coming!

NMG318 said:
Agree. There has always been a small percentage of *** wipes that lack common sense and whether we like it or not bad guys are going to try to do bad things with this technology in the future (and hey don't need a youtube video to figure it out). Hopefully there are smart people that can limit these bad guys but still provide the rest of us with practical, common sense regulation so we can enjoy our hobby. You are absolutely correct…regulation is coming!

Just read the FAA Cease and Desist notifications....FAA believes regulation is already here and trying to enforce it. Let alone states like Texas or towns in Colorado.

Real or not it was funny 2 yrs ago but surely this video has been around the block already far too many times..

Buk said:
Just read the FAA Cease and Desist notifications....FAA believes regulation is already here and trying to enforce it. Let alone states like Texas or towns in Colorado.

There is regulation existing, but it is antiquated and is about to be updated. You can bet the few videos that raise concerns will be presented to strengthen regulations. I am sure some of the regulation will be paranoia driven. A few bad apples spoil the barrel as they say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1